The American Correctional Association, the oldest and largest correctional association in the world, selected Wexford Health’s Restoration to Competency (RTC) program as the recipient of its prestigious 2014 Innovation in Corrections Award.
Wexford of Indiana LLC is a member of the Wexford family of companies: a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. Wexford provides clients with experienced management, technologically advanced services, and programs that control costs while ensuring quality of care. For more than two decades, the Wexford companies have consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford of Indiana LLC, our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
A wonderful career opportunity is now available
Addiction Recovery Specialist
Miami Correctional Facility
Bunker Hill, IN 46914.
Responsible to provide direct addiction recovery services, consultation services, supervisory services and addiction recovery program administrative services in accordance with policies and procedures of Wexford of Indiana, policies and regulations of the Department of Correction, state statutes concerning the delivery and practice of addiction recovery services, and in accordance with ethics and standards of the staff member's discipline.
1. Responsible to provide direct addiction recovery services and consultation services in accordance with the policies and procedures of Wexford of Indiana, policies and regulations of the Indiana Department of Correction, Indiana state statutes concerning the delivery and practice of addiction recovery services, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of the staff member's discipline.
2. Provision of service supervision of the addiction recovery services delivered by the addiction recovery department and service supervision of individual addiction recovery staff members as assigned.
3. Provision of routine addiction recovery services such as but not limited to intake assessments, individual and group intervention, treatment planning, and discharge planning.
4. Provides service supervision to addiction recovery staff as assigned.
5. Provision of consultation services when requested by facility staff, medical staff or mental health staff.
6. Documents all inmate encounters and significant addiction recovery information in SAMS and the
Electronic Medical Record in accordance with the policies and procedures of Wexford of Indiana and the policies and regulations of the Department of Correction.
7. Institution of efficient utilization management within the addiction recovery department.
8. Participation in staff meetings and in-service training programs as offered by Wexford of Indiana and the department of Correction.
9. Provision of training in addiction recovery topics to facility and addiction recovery, medical and mental health staff in accordance with institutional training programs as requested and as service delivery allows.
10. Provides other services relating to the functioning of the addiction recovery department as assigned.
11. Responsible to inform the Regional Director of Addiction Recovery Programs of personal need for additional supervision or overall problems in delivery of services.
12. Responsible to maintain confidentiality of inmate information in accordance with Department of
13. Responsible to interrelate and work effectively with other addiction recovery staff, Wexford of Indiana administrative, medical and mental health personnel, Department of Correction staff, inmates and outside support agencies.
14. Compliance with employee standards of Wexford of Indiana and applicable employee standards of The Department of Correction. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working environment and personal appearance consistent with professional responsibilities, development of harmonious working relationships and timely notification of supervisory personnel of absences from facility.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited training program and registered in the state as required.
2. Master's degree in Addictions Recovery, Psychology, Social Work, or related field preferred.
3. Bachelor's degree in Addictions Recovery, Psychology, Social Work, or related field required.
4. Supervisory experience preferred.
5. Experience providing addiction recovery services required.
6. Current credential or license to deliver addiction recovery services required.
7. Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: LAC: Licensed Addiction Counselor, LCAC, LSW, or CADAC
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Addictions Recovery, Psychology, Social Work, or related field preferred.
Employees must be able to perform the following:
- Required to exert up to 50 pounds of force and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or lift, carry, Push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body.
- Required to kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl occasionally.
- Must have and maintain sufficient strength, agility, and endurance to perform during stressful
(Physical, mental and emotional) situations encountered on the job without compromising your health and well- being or that of your fellow employees or that of inmates.
- Long periods sitting, typing and reading from a computer screen may be required.