The American Correctional Association, the oldest and largest correctional association in the world, selected Wexford Health’s Restoration to Competency (RTC) program as the recipient of its prestigious 2014 Innovation in Corrections Award.
Wexford of Indiana LLC is a member of the Wexford family of companies: a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. Wexford provides clients with experienced management, technologically advanced services, and programs that control costs while ensuring quality of care. For more than two decades, the Wexford companies have consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford of Indiana LLC, our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
A wonderful career opportunity is now available
Addiction Recovery Specialist
Plainfield Correctional Facility
Responsible to provide direct addiction recovery services and consultation services in accordance with policies and procedures of Corizon, policies and regulations of the Indiana Department of Correction, Indiana state statutes concerning the delivery and practice of addiction recovery services, and in accordance with ethics and standards of the staff member's discipline.
1. Responsible to provide direct addiction recovery services and consultation services in accordance with the policies and procedures of Corizon, policies and regulations of the Indiana Department of Correction, Indiana state statutes concerning the delivery and practice of addiction recovery services, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of the staff member's discipline.
2. Provision of routine addiction recovery services such as but not limited to intake assessments, individual and group intervention, treatment planning, and discharge planning.
3. Provision of consultation services when requested by facility staff, medical staff or mental health staff.
4. Documents all inmate encounters and significant addiction recovery information in SAMS and the Electronic Medical Record in accordance with the policies and procedures of Corizon and the policies and regulations of the Indiana Department of Correction.
5. Participation in staff meetings and in-service training programs as offered by Corizon and the Indiana department of Correction.
6. Provides other services relating to the functioning of the addiction recovery department as assigned.
7. Responsible to inform Lead Addiction Recovery Specialist, Addiction Recovery Director or Indiana Regional Director of Addiction Recovery Programs of personal need for additional supervision or overall problems in delivery of services.
8. Responsible to maintain confidentiality of inmate information in accordance with Indiana Department of Correction policy.
9. Responsible to interrelate and work effectively with other addiction recovery staff, Corizon administrative, medical and mental health personnel, Indiana Department of Correction staff, inmates and outside support agencies.
10. Compliance with employee standards of Corizon and applicable employee standards of the Indiana Department of Correction. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working environment and personal appearance consistent with professional responsibilities, development of harmonious working relationships and timely notification of supervisory personnel of absences from facility.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Lead Addiction Recovery Specialist or Addiction Recovery Director (service supervision)
Health Services Administrator (administrative supervision)
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Addiction Recovery Specialist
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
This position description in no way states or implies that these duties are the only duties to be performed by employees occupying this position. Employees may be required to
follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable federal and state laws. Certain job functions described herein
may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable federal and/or state laws.