Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care company, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Claims Administrative Assistant to join our team of healthcare professionals in our Corporate Office in Greentree, PA.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under general supervision, performs and/or oversees a variety of claims related administrative functions.
- Provide administrative support to the claims department.
- Opening and reviewing of new correspondence/incoming claims, distribution of urgent correspondence and the ability to recognize correspondence which requires immediate attention.
- Daily sorting, batching, date-stamping, and filing of incoming claims.
- Complete daily tasks in a timely manner including, mail sorting, copying, batching, faxing and identifying of priority items.
- Work with claims manager to coordinate check runs, and the mailing of checks and remittances.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports as needed.
- Prepare documents for off-site storage.
- Assist claims department on special projects or assignments.
- Assist with provider mailings.
- Maintains confidentiality of records.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the senior management team.
- Support Wexford Health corporate and regional staff as needed.
- Must be a team player.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard office environment in a Corporate office setting which includes daily interfacing with Administration, Finance and health care personnel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to accept direction and make decisions
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
- Good organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Approaches changes in a positive manner
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations
- Experience with Office Equipment (i.e., fax, copier, folding machine, postage machine)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience providing clerical, secretarial or administrative support, preferably in the healthcare environment.