Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Administrative Assistant to join our team of healthcare professionals at our South Florida Reception Center in Doral, Florida.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations, the Regional Administrative Assistant is responsible for answering telephones, ordering supplies, mailing and shipping, coordination of meeting, data entry, proof-reading/editing, reproduction of materials for meeting and distribution, reports, and other assignments as required.
- Provide high level administrative support and complete special projects for the Regional Administrator and regional Staff.
- Assists in scheduling meetings/conference calls for the Regional Team.
- Performs Clerical / Technical duties to include: answer telephone, relay messages and responds to queries as appropriate.
- Prepare materials needed for meetings, such as agendas, handouts, binders, etc.
- Prepare reports/correspondence
- Orders office supplies as needed
- Assist with event planning
- Attend meetings and transcribe minutes.
- Assist the Director of Operations in handling the region’s confidential affairs.
- Update contact information for the regional management staff.
- Oversee the distribution of the department mail; redirect and refer mail to appropriate site or person.
- Maintains a daily activity calendar and make travel arrangements for the Regional Team.
- Schedules appointments for Director of Operations
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the confidentiality of all correspondence and files.
- Approach change in a positive manner.
- Make suggestions for improving work conditions to the appropriate Supervisor.
- Maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting within a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmate patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years secretarial experience.
- Proficient in the use of computer, dictating and copying equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Microsoft Access, a plus.
- Experience with Kronos Timekeeper and Scheduler a plus.
- Correctional experience a plus.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Dedicated and motivated
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and oral communication skills Strong verbal and communication skills
- Must possess critical thinking skills and ability to independently solve problems
- Must have basic computer skills (including software programs like Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Must be a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who is capable of performing under a variety of requirements and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must be a committed self-starter, possess excellent editing skills, have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly collaborative team environment.