Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join our team of healthcare professionals at Jessup Correctional Institution in Jessup, MD.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Administrative Assistant, at his/her respective site, performs general administrative office assignments and functions as a communication link to and within the healthcare unit. His/her responsibilities may include medical record keeping and timekeeping.
- Process correspondence in a timely and systematic manner.
- Receive and route correspondence to the Health Services Administrator and other personnel within and outside the healthcare unit, as appropriate.
- Prepare and send out-going correspondence.
- Distribute meeting minutes and action item lists to committee members and other personnel as required.
- Schedule meetings, appointments and work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Schedule meetings and appointments and notify those attending.
- Schedule contract physician hours as requested by Medical Director.
- Attend staff meetings, record and transcribe meetings, and prepare action items lists.
- Assists the Health Services Administrator with event planning.
- Prepare calendar to reflect scheduled events.
- Contact vendors and prepare for events as required.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents.
- Assist with the preparation of payroll for all site employees as appropriate.
- Prepare clinical and operational reports for the HSA and Medical Director.
- Compile projects and reports from other health care staff as assigned by the HSA.
- Classify and file all documents to be maintained in the office.
- Create a uniformed filing system to ensure all necessary documents are kept in an organized manner.
- Protect confidentiality of information in written and verbal communications.
- Maintain compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate professionalism, respect, concern and courtesy in all interpersonal communications.
- Facilitate communication between the Health Services Administrator and other healthcare personnel by providing information concerning procedures, reports, directives and instructions in an accurate, concise, and timely manner.
- Interact with correctional staff positively and cooperatively.
- Monitor supplies, maintenance of equipment and other services.
- Adhere to Wexford Health/facility policies and procedures to enhance the operation of the healthcare unit.
- Adhere to attendance policy by maintaining regular and reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Adhere to safety and security policies.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard office and medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
LICENSING: None required.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years administrative experience.
- Type a minimum of fifty (50) words per minute.
- Proficient in the use of computer, facsimile, scanner, and copying equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Microsoft Access
- Correctional experience a plus.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess critical thinking skills and ability to independently solve problems.
- General math and analytical skills, and planning, administrative and organizational skills essential.
- Must be a committed self-starter, possess excellent editing skills, have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Must be a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who is capable of performing under a variety of requirements and deadlines with minimal supervision.