Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Site Manager Assistant to join our team of healthcare professionals at Stateville Correctional Center in Crest Hill, Illinois.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of Site Manager, assists the Site Manager in administrative aspects of the Health Care Unit and operational needs.
- Ensures confidentiality of personnel files, assists with maintenance and filing of the files.
- Prepares and inputs data into KRONOS timekeeping and scheduling systems as directed by Site Manager.
- Develops and maintains system for tracking employee absenteeism, unauthorized late arrivals and early departures and refers to the Site Manager infractions under the Illinois Absenteeism and Tardiness Policy.
- As directed by the Site Manager, prepares, drafts and tracks various aspects of the employee discipline process. Organizes, researches and monitors time frames of employee grievances.
- Develops and maintains process to ensure the timely completion of clinical staff peer reviews, referring to the Site Manager those which could potentially exceed the timeframes established.
- Assists the Site Manager with the completion of the Wexford Health Sources clinical score card.
- Assists the Site Manager, as requested, with the completion of various reports including, but not limited to, the Morning Report, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, dental prosthetic tracking log, and provides the aforementioned data in the CQI meetings.
- Maintains knowledge of the terms of the WHS/AFSCME or IBEW Collective Bargaining Agreement to assist the Site Manager in ensuring the unit is operating consistent with the language as interpreted by WHS administration.
- Assists with the development of staff schedules, monitoring of Schedule E hours and tracking of hours worked by entire staff, including overtime hours. Monitors and reports to the Site Manager instances of early clock-ins or late clock-outs that result in unauthorized overtime.
- Completes and ensures processing of all employee new hires and timely submission of new hire paperwork to Pittsburgh office.
- Assists with proactive tracking of licenses and certifications (including CPR certifications) of employees, and monitors the Expiring/Expired License Report, to ensure active licenses and certifications are obtained prior to current licenses/certifications expiring.
- Assists Site Manager with the coverage of various position classifications, to ensure contract compliance.
- Assists in Wexford Health unit auditing as requested or directed.
- Assists with or participates in unit CQI activities as directed.
- Tracks and monitors offender lawsuits and employee worker compensation incidents as directed by the Site Manager.
- Assists with the ordering, maintenance and distribution of medical and office supplies as well as monitoring commodity levels.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Site Manager.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting within a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmate patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: None required.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One year prior administrative and/or corrections experience preferred.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in the use of computer and copying equipment.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and possess effective communication skills.