Wexford Health’s Quality Management and Corporate Compliance department is made up of certified clinical auditors, licensed nurses and other industry experts who focus on quality improvement/assurance, accreditation and clinical training.
Wexford Health Sources, the nation's leading innovative correctional health care company, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Full-Time Certified Medication Aide to join our team of healthcare professionals at Baltimore City Booking and Intake Center in Baltimore, MD.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
The Certified Medication Aide will be required to administer medication safely in accordance with the Medical Provider’s prescription, DPSCS policies and procedures, DPSCS Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
1. Administer and document medication on the MAR to inmates in accordance with the DPSCS policies. to all general population inmates including:
2. Can administer medications to the following:
3. Perform finger glucose monitoring testing
4. Prepare and administer insulin, sq. Certified Medication Aides will NOT work with insulin pumps.
5. Administer inhalation products via nebulizer or meter dose inhalers.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of KOP process with provision of refill medication only.
7. Participate in the controlled drug substance counts under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse.
8. Transcribe the Physician/Nurse Practitioner orders including Medication Administration Records (MAR). All transcription must be verified by a licensed nurse and initialed on the MAR.
9. Based on the prerequisite, the Certified Medication Aide can perform CNA duties.
10. Maintain a working knowledge of the rules and regulations of DPSCS and comply with the same.
11. Maintain a working knowledge of the rules and personnel policies of the DPSCS Medical vendor and adhere to the same.
12. Consistently practice universal precautions and maintain an awareness of appropriate infection control practices.
13. Maintain a working knowledge of social and behavioral aspects of correctional facility particularly as they relate to compliance with security needs.
14. Other duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
REPORT TO: Registered Nurse / Licensed Practical Nurse
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) who holds additional certification as a Geriatric Nursing assistant, completed a 60 hour medication course only offered by community college, and is classified as a Certified Medicine Aide by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: