Wexford Health’s Quality Management and Corporate Compliance department is made up of certified clinical auditors, licensed nurses and other industry experts who focus on quality improvement/assurance, accreditation and clinical training.
Wexford Health Sources, the nation's leading innovative correctional health care company, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Full-Time Certified Medication Technician to join our team of healthcare professionals at Eastern Correctional Institution located in Westover, MD
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
The Certified Medication Technician will be required to administer medication safely in accordance with the Medical Provider’s prescription, DPSCS policies and procedures, DPSCS Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as delegated and supervised by the Registered Nurse.
1. Administer and document medication on the MAR to inmates in accordance with the DPSCS policies. to all general population inmates including:
2. Can NOT administer medications to the following:
3. Demonstrate knowledge of KOP process with provision of refill medication only.
4. Participate in the controlled drug substance counts under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
5. CAN NOT Transcribe the Physician/Nurse Practitioner orders including Medication Administration Records (MAR).
6. Maintain a working knowledge of the rules and regulations of DPSCS and comply with the same.
7. Maintain a working knowledge of the rules and personnel policies of the DPSCS Medical vendor and adhere to the same.
8. Consistently practice universal precautions and maintain an awareness of appropriate infection control practices.
9. Maintain a working knowledge of social and behavioral aspects of correctional facility particularly as they relate to compliance with security needs.
10. Other duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
REPORT TO: Registered Nurse
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: A person who has attended a 20 hour training program taught by a Registered Nurse approved by the Maryland Board of Nursing and topics covered are those specified by MD BON. Certified Medication Technicians only perform the delegated nursing function of medication administration.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: