Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Certified Nursing Assistant to join our team of healthcare professionals at the Metropolitan Transition Center in Baltimore, MD.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Provides basic mental health services under the Supervision of a licensed physician. Utilizes professional medical skills to meet a variety of health care needs. Interacts with a variety of health care professionals and security staff in a correctional environment.
- Perform physical assessment and examination including obtaining medical history and vital signs during medical encounters and document findings in the medical record.
- Provide treatments and procedures according to physician orders and EMT protocols.
- Assist with admission and discharge of infirmary care patients.
- Prepare patients for minor surgery.
- Supervise inmates assigned to the health unit.
- Provide screening and triage, according to written protocols, for routine sick call and emergencies with referral to professional staff for situations beyond the scope of their protocols.
- Provide daily sick call screening in confinement areas.
- Participate in quality management committees and activities.
- Perform basic life support provided the employee holds a current American Heart Association.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Administer or prescribe over-the-counter medications upon receipt of in-service training and special certification by the Medical Director or physician designee and the institutional pharmacist.
- Initiate intravenous infusing during a medical emergency.
- Assist patient/inmate with activities of daily living and document such care in the medical record.
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc. and facility regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to dress code, schedule/time sheet, safety and security regulations and procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars.
- Maintains confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approaches changes in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director.
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
- CNA license in the state of Maryland
- Current CPR certification through the American Heart Association
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years providing health support services.