Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care company, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Health Services Administrator to join our team of healthcare professionals at the Patuxent Institution in Jessup, MD.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Health Services Administrator is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the institution’s overall health care delivery system and monitoring all health service contract activities; consults with the Regional Manager or designee regarding routine institutional issues of an administrative nature, and discusses issues of a complex or unusual clinical nature involving patient management with clinical leadership.
1. Act as a liaison between Health Services and the institutional administration, department heads, subordinates, as well as with the Corporate Office.
- Develop and implement institutional directives and procedures to comply with administrative directives of the facility.
- Conduct department health and staff meetings, and attend facility meetings and training as required. ADD MAC Meetings, CQI MEETINGS, etc.
- Direct orientation to the facility, the institution, and in-service educational programs for health service staff, to comply with the facilities’, ACA, NCCHC, and JCAHO standards, as applicable.
- With the approval of the Regional Manager, attend facility HSA/Medical Director meetings, or other activities as scheduled.
2. Supervise department heads in the resolution of health care unit personnel issues or complaints, and/or directly intervening in problem areas to ensure prompt resolution involving the institutional administration, contractor, if applicable, or corporate office personnel as necessary.
- Supervise department heads in the operations of pharmacy, medical records, nursing, lab, x-ray, etc.
- Provide for the routine meetings and functions required by administrative directives, including Quality Assurance, Chronic Clinics, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, and Health Care Unit Staff Meetings. Submit meeting minutes to Regional Administrator.
- Coordinate and monitor preparation of the institutional health services budget with the Regional Administrator.
- Supervise requisition of supplies and equipment to ensure appropriate usage and availability; and maintain property and equipment control records as required.
- Approve monthly statistical reports and ensure timely submission; complete all necessary reports on a timely basis.
- Ensure the confidential maintenance and safekeeping of all medical records and information to comply with HIPAA regulations.
- Coordinate the review and approval of all facility health-related billings (AIDS, chronic dialysis treatments, autopsies, etc.)
- Perform administrative employee relations functions to include: supervision of performance, recruitment and selection, developing job descriptions, conducting performance reviews, implement corrective action and individual development plans, scheduling and approving PTO, etc.
- Supervise scheduling of patients for outside appointments. Review initial hospital specialty referrals with the Medical Director to ensure appropriateness and oversee interactions with medical specialists.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resolution of audit findings by the development, implementation and monitoring of corrective action plans.
- Evaluate and respond to Corporate Risk Management Department inquiries, complaints or grievances by patients, family members, lawyers or other advocates.
- Work(s) jointly with Clinical and Education staff to ensure that appropriate training in CPR and First Aid is completed per regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Collaborate with co-workers and coordinate internal projects, as directed
- Participate in a company and state approved CQI Program
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting within a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with offenders/patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: RN license strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Health Care related field preferred.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Two to three years of management experience in a health care setting
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function as a “team player” coordinating efforts with managers, peers and subordinates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- General math and analytical skills, and planning, administrative and organizational skills essential
- Demonstrated experience maintaining multiple deadlines.
- Ability to competently manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Must be able assist staff with various policies, administrative and organizational projects.