Wexford of Indiana LLC is a member of the Wexford family of companies: a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. Wexford provides clients with experienced management; technologically advanced services; and programs that control costs while ensuring quality of care. For more than two decades, the Wexford companies have consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford of Indiana LLC, our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Rewarding Career Opportunity in Correctional Medicine
Health Services Administrator RN
Up to $5,000.00 Signing Bonus*
NURSING DEGREE REQUIRED
New Castle Correctional Facility
New Castle Correctional Facility is a medium security prison that can house approximately 3200 adult male inmates. Offenders are held in both dormitory, and celled settings. The facility is divided into multiple units, a general population and annex, a segregation unit, an infirmary unit, a minimum housing unit, and a mental health unit.
Vocational programs at this facility include computer courses, building maintenance, barbering, horticulture courses, and culinary arts classes. Inmates can also receive treatment for substance abuse, take parenting courses, receive sex offender treatment and participate in re-entry programs. Adult basic education courses and the ability to earn a GED are some of the educational opportunities offered by New Castle Correctional Facility
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Up to $5,000 Signing Bonus, 12-month repayment provision
The Health Services Administrator RN is responsible for the delivery of comprehensive health care services to our patient population, including primary care, mental health, and other ancillary services. Provides administrative supervision and leadership to a multi disciplinary health care team including physicians, ANP, Pas, nursing and ancillary staff. The position consults with the Regional Manager or designee regarding routine institutional issues of an administrative nature, discussing issues of a complex or unusual clinical nature involving patient management with the Wexford Health Medical Director.
The Health Services Administrator RN is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the institution’s overall health care delivery system by:
- Acting as a liaison between Health Services and the institutional administration, department heads and subordinates, as well as with the Corporate Office.
- Monitoring the delivery of health services in coordination with medical records, nursing, lab, x-ray, etc. as it pertains to the facility.
- Adhering to institutional policies and procedures to comply with administrative directives of the facility.
- Monitoring all health service contract activity.
- Monitoring of the institutional health services budget with the Wexford Health Regional Manager.
- Supervising requisition of supplies and equipment, or overseeing such activities to assure appropriate availability.
- Maintaining Health Care Unit property and equipment control records as required.
- Developing and maintaining medical and office supply PAR levels while overseeing the routine maintenance of perpetual inventories of medical supplies.
- Coordinating the review and approval of all facility vendor health-related billings.
- Adhering to the corrective eyewear policy while ensuring timely distribution of corrective eyewear.
- Approving monthly statistical reports and ensuring timely submission.
- Conducting periodic department health and staff meetings, and attending facility meetings and training as required.
- Providing for the routine meetings and functions required by administrative directives, including Quality Assurance, Chronic Clinics, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, and Health Care Unit Staff Meetings. Submit meeting minutes as appropriate.
- Directing orientation to the facility, the institution, and in-service educational programs for health service staff, to comply with the facility, ACA and NCCHC standards, as applicable.
- Working jointly with the facility training staff to ensure that appropriate training in CPR and First Aid is available to comply with the facility and Wexford policy.
- Performing personnel functions, and supervising the performance of contract staff, to include staff adherence to job descriptions, conducting annual evaluations, recommending and administering employee discipline, etc.
- Assisting in recruitment of qualified health services staff in conjunction with the Corporate Human Resources department. Participate in interviewing and hiring of contract staff, and approving final selection of new employees.
- Facilitating the resolution of health care unit personnel issues or complaints, and/or directly intervening in problem areas to ensure prompt resolution.
- Scheduling and/or approving all leave time (vacation, personal business, sick, training, meetings, etc.) and compiling monthly administrative and clinical schedules in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assisting in confidential maintenance and safekeeping of all medical records and information.
- Evaluating and responding to Corporate Risk Management Department inquiries, complaints or grievances by patients.
- Actively participating and assisting in maintaining all ACA standards. Resolving audit findings by the development, implementation and monitoring of corrective action plans.
- Overseeing interactions with medical specialists. Supervise scheduling of patients for outside appointments. Work with the Medical Director to assure successful coordination of collegial review and Utilization Management process.
- Attending facility HSA/Medical Director meetings, or other activities as scheduled.
- Complying with all institutional security regulations and codes of conduct.
- Coordinating staffing issues with union representatives, as appropriate and performing labor relations functions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
Degree in Nursing. Two years of large volume medical management experience. Demonstrated problem solving and leadership capabilities.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current state RN license.
- Current CPR certification
- CCHP preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with experience.
Minimum Three (3) years administrator/management experience.