Every member of our senior management team is expected to obtain designation as a Certified Correctional Health Professional (CCHP) from the National Commission on Correctional Health Care.
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a National Business Development & Client Relations Director to join our team. This position is based out of a home office and requires frequent travel.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
The incumbent works to improve Wexford Health’s market position and achieve financial growth for the company. He/she helps to define long-term organizational strategic goals; builds key customer relationships; identifies business opportunities; negotiates and closes business deals; and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. Works with internal Wexford Health teams to increase sales opportunities. He/she finds potential new customers; presents to them to ultimately convert them into clients; and manages the relationships with existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive.
Sr. Vice President, Strategic Development
Interacts and works effectively with state and county procurement personnel, state and county corrections officials, general public, and Pittsburgh corporate staff as required.
1. Identify new business opportunities within assigned markets or geographic areas, to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
2. Lead strategy and approach to new business opportunities in assigned markets/areas.
3. Leverage internal resources to effectively position Wexford Health in the marketplace.
4. Complete territorial analysis of potential business opportunities within assigned areas/markets; develop and execute corresponding sales plan.
5. Develop and maintain webs of influence with various constituents (e.g., key decision makers, influencers, lobbyists, legislators, etc.) within assigned areas/markets.
6. Maintain on-going relationships and ensure continuity with prospective clients, through regular and frequent correspondence and meetings.
7. Educate prospective and existing clients on Wexford Health differentiators, competitive advantages, and accomplishments (e.g., financial strength, management stability, infrastructure, track record of innovations, etc.), supported by data, case studies, and reports.
8. Solicit and maintain market intelligence on political issues and situations that could influence potential business opportunities.
9. Target and actively engage decision makers in down market scenarios, to understand the client’s key drivers and to effectively influence fee parameters.
10. Take steps to appropriately influence current or future bids; design and implement strategies to effectively take advantage of (or mitigate, as applicable) market circumstances.
11. Manage re-bids and upgrades of existing business partner/client contracts.
12. Participate in identifying response teams for solicitations.
13. Support and/or lead strategy meetings relating to prospective business opportunities.
14. Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to formulate bid responses that align with overall Wexford Health financial and quality performance objectives.
15. Work with the assigned proposal project manager to ensure s/he clearly understands the project’s key decision makers and drivers; advise the proposal project manager on structuring the response to achieve maximum positive impact.
16. Work with Marketing and Communications team to create, review, and produce final solicitation response(s) and subsequent required documents (clarifications, oral presentations, Best And Final Offers, etc.)
17. Lead "post mortem" process (with support from Marketing, Finance, and Contract Compliance) for assessment of non-successful business opportunities.
18. Participate in industry meetings, conferences, educational seminars, and other events, as needed.
19. Assist with the contracting process for key vendors, subcontractors, and/or networks required to deliver the services required by client contracts.
20. Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to maintain competitive intelligence and CRM (client relationship management) databases.
21. Submit all required reports to the Senior VP of Strategic Development.
22. Submit timely and accurate expense reports for travel and other business expenses, as per Wexford Health guidelines.
23. Meet all department and individual goals; support the achievement of all Wexford Health company goals.
24. Participate in corporate strategic initiatives, as directed by the Senior VP of Strategic Development.
25. Comply with all Wexford Health company policies and procedures.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential duties are routinely performed in a general office environment. Duties may require work in at a desk and entail completion of paperwork, use of computers, telephones, fax machines, copiers, and other business machines. Essential duties may require the following physical demands: the strength to lift and carry material weighing up to 30 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; walking; reaching; carrying; stooping; bending; squatting; prolonged sitting; handling (hand movement); hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone; intellectual skills including short and long term memory, abstract reasoning, and decision making.
Must be able to ambulate throughout correctional facilities for extended periods of time; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; must be able to clearly communicate orally and via written and typed correspondence and notes using various forms, records, charts, and electronic media.