Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Statewide Office Manager to join our team of healthcare professionals at our Regional Office in Columbia, MD.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Regional Office Manager is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency, to include supervising office staff, assisting with the supervision of on-site administrative staff, and oversee the maintenance of personnel and office records.
- Provide high level administrative support and complete special projects for the Director of Operations; and assist with the handling of confidential organizational affairs.
- Supervise and coordinate overall administrative activities of the administrative staff and maintain office services, to include the following:
- Design and implement office policies
- Establish standards and procedures
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Control correspondences
- Review and approve supply requisitions
- Oversee the maintenance of office equipment
- Manage the reception area to insure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Supervise the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Negotiate purchase of office supplies and equipment, for the regional and site staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Responsible for the regional office day-to-day operations (such as recycling, heat problems, water problems, general office repairs, housekeeping, etc.)
- Supervise the maintenance of office records by designing an electronic and paper filing system, ensuring that filing system is maintained and kept up to date, define procedures for record retention, and ensure effective transfer of files and records.
- Recruit, select, and train administrative staff
- Work closely with Wexford Health’s corporate staff.
- Coach and discipline regional office staff
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and approve office supply acquisitions
- Organize orientation and training of new staff members
- Maintains the confidentiality of all correspondence and files.
- Make suggestions for improving work conditions.
- Maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard office environment, which includes daily interfacing with Administration and health care personnel.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of previous experience in office management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Microsoft Access a plus
- Experience with Kronos Timekeeper and Scheduler a plus.
- Correctional experience a plus.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of office administration
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Must possess critical thinking skills and ability to independently solve problems knowledge of office
- Stress and time management skills
- Must have basic computer skills (including software programs like Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Must be a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who is capable of performing under a variety of requirements and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must be a committed self-starter, possess excellent editing skills, have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly collaborative team environment