Wexford of Indiana, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford has an exceptional opportunity for a Psychologist to join our team of healthcare professionals at the RECEPTION DIAGNOSTIC CENTER in Plainfield, Indiana.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Psychologist will function as a member of a multidisciplinary team directing and supervising clinical programs and providing clinical services and direction, psychological testing and report writing; treatment planning, group and individual treatment, and re-entry planning.
- Responsible for managing the clinical services.
- Responsible to provide direct clinical services, consultation services and supervisory services in accordance with the policies and procedures of Wexford, state statutes concerning the delivery and practice of clinical mental health services, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of the staff member's discipline.
- Provision of routine behavioral health services such as intake assessments, individual and group intervention, treatment planning, and discharge planning.
- Provision of crisis intervention services when requested by institutional staff, medical staff, or by inmate self-referral. (Crisis intervention can include consultation with institutional staff regarding management concerns, appropriate housing, referral and/or follow up. Crisis intervention activities may require on-call services.)
- Assist in effecting movement to appropriate setting when patient's mental status indicates he / she is a danger to self or others.
- Documents all clinical encounters and significant behavioral health information in the Electronic Medical Record in accordance with the policies and procedures of Wexford and the policies and regulations of the Department of Corrections or applicable client partner.
- Provision of assistance to the site's Psychiatrist and nursing staff in monitoring of patients receiving psychotropic medications.
- Provision of training in human behavior and/or mental health issues to institutional staff in accordance with institutional training programs as requested and as clinical service allows.
- Participation in staff meetings and in-service training programs as offered by behavioral health departments, Wexford and the Department of Corrections or applicable client partner.
- Provides clinical supervision to behavioral health staff as assigned, which may include supervision of doctoral student if requested.
- Responsible to inform Regional Mental Health Director of personal need for additional clinical supervision or overall problems in delivery of clinical services.
- Responsible to maintain confidentiality of inmate information in accordance with Department of Correction policy.
- Responsible to interrelate and work effectively with other behavioral health staff, Wexford administrative and medical personnel, Department of Correction staff, inmates and outside support agencies.
- Responsible for administering and interpreting standardized psychological tests.
- Adheres to universal precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Adheres to safety and security policies, and participates in disaster drills.
- Follows security regulations and policies, with consideration of clinical factors. .
- Completes case management responsibilities as required.
- Completes chart reviews as required.
- Engages in internal audit preparation and review process as directed by the Regional Mental Health Director.
- Appropriately recommends/offers input to multi-disciplinary team for clinical services, transfers to alternate levels of care, and/or grade changes when required.
- Adheres to all Behavioral Health policies and IDOC policies and procedures.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting within a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmate patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
LICENSING: Licensed in the State of Indiana as a Psychologist, or hold a temporary permit to practice in State of Indiana.
- Current CPR certification.
- Certification as a Health Services Provider in Psychology (HSPP) endorsement or eligibility to deliver clinical mental health services under supervision until license and HSPP endorsement is gained is required.
EDUCATION: Doctoral level degree in Psychology.
- Will have attended an American Psychological Association (APA) approved graduate training program and Internship which provided the appropriate foundation in assessment, intervention and consultation.
- Prior experience in conducting competency evaluations in working in a forensic setting is preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: N/A