Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a full time RN Supervisor to join our team of healthcare professionals at Eastern Correctional Institution in Westover, Maryland. This is a night shift with weekends off.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The RN supervisor will supervise and participate in the preparation of plans, and report teaching fundamentals, including patient care, and health record documentation.
- Serve as a professional role model by being tactful and diplomatic at all times.
- Ensure that all job-related site a contractual agreements are met.
- Complete accurate daily, weekly, and monthly statistical reports and submits them to the Director of Nursing by the third day of each month.
- Assist the Health Services Administrator (HSA) in investigating incident reports/unusual occurrences thoroughly and reporting significant findings to the Health Services Administrator/ Medical Director.
- Enhance professionalism by attending a minimum of twelve (12) continuing education hours annually. Adhere to established policies and procedures of the company and the correctional facility. Attend and participate in administrative meetings as necessary.
- Ensure that all necessary binder/logs/lists are utilized by staff members to reflect accurate information.
- Assist the HSA in completing three (3) month and annual performance evaluations on all employees in a timely manner.
- Perform other administrative and clinical duties as assigned.
- Recruit, interview, and hire new employees to fill staff vacancies; recommend salaries subject to approval by the HSA.
- Assist the HSA in reviewing overtime, payroll, and approving all supervised personnel work hours.
- Rotate on-call coverage with the HSA.
- Actively participates in the Quality Improvement Program.
- Participates actively in maintaining budget by supervising ordering of all supplies and equipment, and recommending methods to reduce expenses.
- Perform twelve (12) lead electrocardiograms according to standards.
- Perform venipuncture according to standards.
- Fill in as needed during periods of short staffing.
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc. and facility regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress code
- Schedule/time sheet
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars.
- Maintains confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approaches changes in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director.
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations
- Has good nursing assessment skills and good communication skills.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting within a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmate patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current State Nursing license.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: BSN is preferred; two years of supervisory experience may be substituted.
- Correctional nursing or two (2) years of administrative experience.
- Three (3) years of professional or psychiatric nursing, or nursing instruction experience. A master’s degree in Nursing Education may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.