Wexford Health Sources, the nation's leading innovative correctional health care company, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue. This is for a Specialty Clinics Clerk at Maryland Correctional Institution-Hagerstown in Hagerstown, MD.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
A Scheduler is responsible for scheduling outside medical appointments, coordinating appropriate paperwork with security, completing prep sheets and forwarding it to the nursing staff with prep instructions for all procedures requiring preparations. He/she insures all necessary Medical Records and other documents accompany inmate to outside appointments.
- Attends weekly collegial review conference calls for all sites in assigned region and takes notes during the collegial review calls regarding any consultation approvals.
- Reviews daily Launch Report and compares it to notes taken in the Collegial Review to use as a check and balance process that will help eliminate discrepancies.
- Secure appointment date (within 72 hours) for all approved consultations.
- Updates the “Off-Site Log” with approved appointments awaiting an appointment date, on the Maryland Regional Share drive, twice daily (12 noon and again at 4 pm).
- Maintain the monthly launch report binder with upcoming appointments; confirmed appointment date; and repeated attempts to obtain consultant report.
- File all launch reports into the monthly launch report binder.
- Once an appointment date and time has been secured, this information is to be written on the launch report in the left hand column, just beneath the name
- Notify requesting provider when awaiting a completed consult request in order to schedule an appointment. Notify Regional Medical Director, Statewide Medical Director, and Project Manager for Scheduling as per procedures when repeated requests to obtain the consult request have failed.
- Document attempts to schedule a specialty appointment a minimum of every 2 days. Document in the “Notes” column the reason for inability to get the appointment scheduled.
- Notify requesting provider when repeated attempts (3 or more) to obtain an appointment have failed due to inability to contact the specialist office to get the appt scheduled.
- Notify on-site scheduler of all scheduled appointments and send Certification of Service form to applicable site.
- Notify requesting provider whenever a specialist appointment cannot be obtained within 30 days of approval, and notify on-site scheduler to schedule an on-site appointment with the requesting provider within 30 days from the consult approval date.
- Notify on-site scheduler, site responsible nurse, and requesting provider of any appointment requiring prep work. Include an “Outlook Calendar” reminder with this e-mail.
- On a daily basis, call offsite facility to obtain verification of all inmates who appeared for their scheduled appointment and to request copies of all offsite recommendations. Scan any reports received and e-mail the reports to the requesting provider. In the future, they will also attach the report to the inmate’s EPHR.
- Keep the log updated at all times, and upload a copy to the share drive a minimum of twice daily (late AM & at end of business). Each copy title must have the date and AM or PM so as to identify when last updated. Each day, delete the logs from the previous day.
- Once confirmed by on-site scheduler a consultant report has not been received, make repeated efforts to obtain the specialist report. Document these efforts in the “Notes” column of the Offsite Log.
- Notify the requesting provider of any report not received following repeated attempts (3 or more) as outlined in procedures. Also notify the Scheduling Project Manager.
- By the 29th of the month, review and update the “Off-Site Log” to ensure that all spaces are complete. Also update the log to ensure that all information received from the on-site schedulers.
- Each week, before 12 noon, forward a copy of all inmates scheduled for off-site services for the following week, to the Scheduling Project Manager.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
LICENSING: None required.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum two (2) to three (3) years medical-related clerical experience.
- Typing skills of 50 WPM.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Microsoft Access a plus.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Correctional experience preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge and skill in utilization of computer applications.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess critical thinking skills and ability to independently solve problems.
- General math and analytical skills.
- Planning, administrative and organizational skills essential.
- Must ensure documents are ready for review well in advance of any deadline.
- Must be a committed self-starter, possess excellent editing skills, have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Must be a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who is capable of performing under a variety of requirements and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must have basic computer skills as well as the ability to research information on the internet.
- Must have strong Microsoft Outlook skills (will be used extensively to maintain a calendar).