The American Correctional Association, the oldest and largest correctional association in the world, selected Wexford Health’s Restoration to Competency (RTC) program as the recipient of its prestigious 2014 Innovation in Corrections Award.
Wexford of Indiana LLC is a member of the Wexford family of companies: a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. Wexford provides clients with experienced management; technologically advanced services; and programs that control costs while ensuring quality of care.
For more than two decades, the Wexford companies have consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue. At Wexford of Indiana LLC, our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone.
Exceptional Opportunity to work in Correctional Care
Addiction Recovery Specialist
Madison Correctional Facility - Female Population, Madison, IN
Have or willing to obtain your ACIT?
Steps to becoming an ACIT include:
Provide documentation of completion for at least 6 hours of specialized training in HIV/Aids and 6 hours in Ethics training. These classes are available from our training link, online, or in some cases, in local classrooms.
Responsible to provide direct addiction recovery services, consultation services, supervisory services and addiction recovery program administrative services in accordance with policies and procedures of Wexford of Indiana, policies and regulations of the Department of Correction, state statutes concerning the delivery and practice of addiction recovery services, and in accordance with ethics and standards of the staff member's discipline.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Preferred to be a graduate of an accredited training program and registered in the state as required.
2. Bachelor's degree in Addictions Recovery, Psychology, Social Work, or related field required.
3. Experience providing addiction recovery services required.
4. Current credential or license to deliver addiction recovery services required.
5. Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current license or license eligible and actively in process of obtaining licensure.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Addictions Recovery, Psychology, Social Work, or related field preferred.
Employees must be able to perform the following:
- Required to exert up to 50 pounds of force and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or lift, carry, Push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body.
- Required to kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl occasionally.
- Must have and maintain sufficient strength, agility, and endurance to perform during stressful
(Physical, mental and emotional) situations encountered on the job without compromising your health and well- being or that of your fellow employees or that of inmates.
- Long periods sitting, typing and reading from a computer screen may be required.