To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Psychology Doctoral Internship
HOURS: 40 Hours/week
FACILITY: Joliet Treatment Center
LOCATION: Joliet, IL
APPIC and ACEPT approved
- $2,200 biweekly stipend with benefit options
- Emphasis on treatment; unconventional correctional environment
- Behavioral Management Unit
- Second highest level of acuity in the state
- Gain expertise in trauma experiences
- Challenges that can shape your career in Psychology
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
For three decades, Wexford Health has served the Dept of Corrections as Illinois exclusive medical partner.
Psychologist Doctoral Internship
Pioneer mentality – Trail blazer – Passion for Social Justice
An experience that can shape your entire career
Under the direct supervision of the Site Mental Health Services Director or Regional Mental Health Training Director, the incumbent is responsible for delivering a wide range of mental health services to incarcerated patients. Such services include, but are not limited to, psychological assessment, individual group psychology, and treatment planning.
- Conducts psychological screening, assessment and/or evaluations of patients referred for examination and/or treatment following IDOC format and guidelines.
- Prepares and updates treatment plans on patients requiring mental health treatment.
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings within Residential Treatment Units.
- Serves as a member of the Center Crisis Intervention Team. This may include:
- Providing assessments and brief therapy to patients identified as experiencing a psychological/emotional crisis.
- Maintaining required crisis intervention documentation and monitoring all delivery of service to patients on crisis status.
- Participates in 1 hour individual clinical supervision, and 1 hour of group supervision per week facilitated by a licensed clinical psychologist.
- Completes comprehensive psychosocial histories on selected patients.
- Provides individual and group therapy for patients identified through evaluation or referred by other MH personnel.
Administers, scores, and interprets objective and projective psychological testing in appropriate cases.
Conducts discharge planning for seriously mentally ill patients returning to the community.
Conducts weekly rounds in Restrictive Housing Units.
Responds to patients requests for mental health services as well as referrals from staff who believe that an patients requires mental health assistance.
Facilitates community meetings and psychoeducational groups within the Modified Therapeutic Community program.
Provides documentation in accordance with IDOC policies and procedures.
Conducts Suicide Risk Assessments in accordance with IDOC Administrative Directives.
Participates in pre-service and in-service training programs.
Works closely with consulting psychiatrists to ensure patients requiring evaluation for medication or re-evaluation of current medications are seen by the psychiatric provider in a timely manner, and informs said provider regarding any information pertinent to the patient’s clinical condition.
Participates in weekly clinical supervision meetings with a Clinical Psychologist assigned by the site Mental Health Services Director.
Participates in the monthly administrative supervision meetings with the Regional Mental Health Training Director.
Provides mental health services in compliance with all Administrative Directives.
Adheres to universal precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
Maintains open lines of communication via attendance at staff meetings and/or use of other appropriate communication methods.
Adheres to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills.
Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above and within the scope of his/her clinical training and/or licensure/certification.
LICENSING: None required
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: Internship for Doctoral students
- Inpatient or outpatient mental health treatment and assessment.
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job