Position: Certified Nursing Assistant
Schedule: 3p-11p- rotation days off
Facility: Pinckneyville CC
Location: Pinckneyville, IL
Starting Rate: $18.33/hr. plus shift differentials
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing, Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or IDOC personnel as appropriate, the CNA will assist nursing staff with daily operations. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
The Certified Nursing Assistant will assist nursing staff in direct patient care activities as assigned.
- Assists inmates with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, bed making, shaving, dressing and other related tasks.
- Assists in checking vital signs, height and weight as assigned; collects and maintains records of fluid intake and output; reports on the condition of inmates.
- Follows established inflection control practices and emergency protocols.
- Assists inmates in wheel chairs, on stretchers and ambulating.
- Promotes and encourages patient hydration and elimination.
- Assists inmates with ambulation, turning and repositioning, and range of motion activities.
- Cleanse bedside units, workrooms and equipment; assists nursing staff with washing and sterilizing equipment.
- Prepares and maintains written reports and records as assigned.
- Assists with medications ordinarily self-administered when specifically ordered by a physician.
- Responds to call lights promptly and courteously.
- Receives formal and on the job training in the theory and techniques of direct care support.
- Receives close supervision; work is reviewed through inspections and observations.
13. Maintains confidentiality of inmate records.
14. Approaches change in a positive manner.
15. Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director.
16. Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.
17. Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, to hear and to see, to stand, walk, and sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, instruments or controls, to reach with hands and arms, to stoop or crouch, balance and kneel, may be required to lift and/or move objects. Must be able to ambulate throughout the facility for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to clearly communicate orally and via written and typed correspondence and notes using various forms, records, charts, and electronic media.
Employee may be exposed to a challenging environment, which may include exposure to loud noises, bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
This position may require rotating assignments operating on a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week schedule where employee is subject to both voluntary and mandatory overtime.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Nursing Assistant certificate
0-2 years. Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system.
Completion of a certification program from an accredited Nursing Assistant program.
Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or show proof of an approved medical or religious exemption. Must comply with present and future state and federal mandates regarding Covid-19.
Share This Job