To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Dental Assistant
SCHEDULE: Per Diem (PRN/As Needed)
FACILITY: Robinson Correctional Center
LOCATION: Robinson, Illinois
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Under the direct supervision of the Wexford Health Dentist, performs non-professional work assisting the Dentist during examination and treatment of patients and in the routine handling of instruments, and supplies.
- Maintains supplies, materials and records of treatment.
- Sets up instruments, equipment and supplies as directed by the dentist or dental hygienist. Scrubs and sterilizes instruments.
- Assist the dentist, as directed, in providing dental care to residents.
- Prepares the patient for treatment.
- Ensures proper clean up, packaging and sterilizing of instruments.
- Assists in instruction of patients in proper dental hygiene.
- Accurately records services in the patient’s medical record, as directed by the dentist
- Assists in screenings for dental emergencies and sick call.
- Provides chair-side assistance by keeping operating field clear, passing instruments and suctioning.
- Assists in taking intra-oral x-rays in accordance with proper radiological hygiene. Develops and mounts x-ray films.
- Performs intra-oral tasks as defined by law.
- Inventories and orders supplies and equipment to maintain adequate levels.
- Ensures there is sufficient number of trays set up for the day’s patients, pulpotomy, caries control, amalgam and Perio/scaling.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of dental clinic.
- Recognizes the symptoms of shock and fainting and provides necessary aid as directed or required during emergency procedures.
- Responsible for dental office security to include instrument, drug and needle counts.
- Maintains constant alertness to conditions that might endanger the security of the institution, personnel and residents, and reports same to supervisor.
- Maintains the confidentiality of inmate records.
- Maintains dental charts.
- Records dental findings
- Schedules patients for dental appointments.
- Prepares patient’s schedule for escort officer.
Once each week:
- Cleans developer
- Cleans autoclave
Once each month:
- Scrubs all drains with soap and water.
- Cleans examination lights, dental unit, and x-ray unit film processor.
- Changes wet tank chemicals.
- Submits monthly report to the Health Care Unit Administrator.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Dental clinic setting within the correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience maybe accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: None required
CERTIFICATION: Preferably registered or certified by professional association. CPR certification required.
EXPERIENCE: Experience working in a dental setting and/or correctional health care preferred.
EDUCATION: High School Graduate or GED certificate.
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job