Practice without owning a practice.
Autonomy without the pressure.
Perfect for new grads too!
Work with one of our most experienced Dentists in the company.
OPPORTUNITY: Dentist; onsite clinic
LOCATION: Pinckneyville Correctional Center Medical Unit, IL
HOURS: Full Time 40 Hours (part time and PRN available)
STATUS: Employee or 1099 Independent Contractor (your choice)
COMPENSATION: Guaranteed hourly rate; medmal paid
How does corrections work? Every correctional center is like a small community and you are the community’s dentist. You, another full time Dentist and two support staff manage the onsite Dental clinic.
Autonomy. It’s like having your own practice with no overhead and a lot of support.
- You will impact the overall health and wellbeing of the patients
- You can save someone from years of pain and discomfort
- You can prepare an individual to return to civilian life with dignity
- General dentistry; intake, assessments, exams, fillings, surgery
- Educate patients in oral health
- Work/life balance
- Medical malpractice is paid
- Guaranteed hourly rate (even with “no shows” )
PLEASE READ! Earn without working one day.
We offer community referrals up to $5,000. Details and rules available upon request. Email recruiter Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a national leader in correctional health care. Over the past 30 years our team of dedicated clinical professionals helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Full time staff eligible but not limited to:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Company paid medical malpractice insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plan options
- Short term disability
- 19 Days of PTO annually PLUS 9 paid holidays
- 401K (part time and full time staff)
Under the supervision of the Medical Director, the Dentist is responsible and accountable for supervising the dental staff and managing the dental activity as well as for providing oral health care to patients such as fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals, etc.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Provides overall supervision of the dental department.
- Provides preventative and restorative treatment to all patients.
- Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as indicated.
- Performs operative dentistry including appropriate repair of caries.
- Repairs/fits proper prosthetic devices.
- Supervise staff in: cleaning of teeth, making impressions for prosthetic devices, planning and maintaining an oral hygiene program, completing appropriate records accurately and all procedures associated with the provision of dental care.
- Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed on-site at facility.
- Provides supervision of staff in instruction of patients in preventative practices for maintaining proper oral hygiene.
- Submit monthly report of Dental Department activities.
- Participate in staff development programs.
- Develop and update departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervise and evaluate all assigned dental staff.
- Forward all outside referrals of patients to the Medical Director to assure the necessity for such referrals.
- Serves as clinical authority on all matters related to the delivery of dental services, and provides direction, guidance, and oversight to the dental staff and programs.
- Determines the timeframes for non-emergent and elective treatments according to priority and availability.
- Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and ensure that such treatment will not interfere with the provision of greater priority services.
- Examines patients and documents findings on standard forms, utilizing applicable dental classification systems (i.e., APHA).
- Provides or arranges for appropriate preventative restorative dental care as needed within the administrative guidelines to all inmates.
- Provides or arranges for appropriate care for emergency patients as soon as possible.
- Ensures continuity of care.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
LICENSING: Current Illinois State Dental license
- Current DEA certificate
- Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) degree
- Minimum one (1) year practicing dentistry.
- Skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting; must be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during procedures.
Share This Job