POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
SCHEDULE: Full-Time11p-7a Rotating Days Off
FACILITY: Pontiac Correctional Center
LOCATION: Pontiac, Illinois
Starting Rate $30.00-$34.00
Wexford Health is proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with partial match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Assists in planning individual treatment programs by utilizing available resources in planning care and consults with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications and intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Applies and changes dressings.
- Serves as a member of a nursing care and treatment team.
- Assists with orientation of new employees
- Assists physician as assigned.
- Supervises inmates in the maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of the environment.
- Administers medications and injections
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as an LPN in the state of Illinois
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience
Share This Job