POSITION: Licensed Mental Health Professional (Clinical/Non-Clinical)
SCHEDULE: PRN (As Needed)
FACILITY: Lawrence Correctional Center
LOCATION: Sumner, Illinois
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Chief Psychiatrist, provides social work services to patients receiving mental health services. Duties include assessment, consultation, liaison, and psychotherapeutic interventions as appropriate. Communicates clinical findings in writing, as well as through consultation with Mental Health Unit staff. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Provide clinical screenings and assessments for treatment needs of offenders referred by medical, counseling, security, or other center staff.
- In the absence of a Clinical Psychologist, provide clinical supervision of the center Crisis Team. This includes provision of quarterly Crisis Team training and consultation to team members on all crisis interventions. Such consultations may be carried out by phone during off duty hours.
- Provide crisis intervention counseling, brief therapy, and group therapy as indicated for Center residents.
- Provide consultation on mental health issues to the center medical staff.
- Provide staff training to center personnel on mental health issues including the function of the Crisis Team and how to access its services.
- Monitor the provisions of crisis services to include review of documentation for accuracy, completeness, and fulfillment of Center directives and procedures.
- Monitor the clinical condition and treatment needs of special offender populations (e.g., Guilty but Mentally III or offenders receiving antipsychotic medication) as determined necessary by Center or agency directive or local policy.
- Maintain required documentation on all mental health contacts to include submission of a monthly summary report to the agency Chief of Mental Health Services.
- Where applicable, provide psychological services for those offenders who need to be transferred to Mental Health facilities. Services to include work up and any court hearing testimony needed.
- Provide services in compliance with all Administrative Directives Departmental Rules.
- Provide staff training in areas related to mental health issues such as signs and symptoms of mental illness, management of mentally ill offenders, crisis intervention and related topics.
- Provide re-entry psycho-educational services to mentally ill offenders returning to the community upon discharge.
- Participate in Behavioral Health Ground Rounds as directed.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current license or license eligible (passed exam) and actively in process of obtaining licensure of one of the following:
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Associate Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (ALMFT)
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited university with a Master’s Degree in a Mental Health area.
- Clinical License Preferred
- Correctional experience
- Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system
Share This Job