Part-time Dentist needed! 3-hours per week. Excellent way to supplement your Income!
Wexford Health Sources, the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care company, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue. This is for a part-time *3 hours per week) Dentist at Kuhn Juvenile Center, Julian, WV.
For our full-time employee, we’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the supervision of the Regional Dental Director, a Dentist licensed in the state of West Virginia, responsible and accountable for supervising the dental staff and managing the dental activity as well as for providing oral health care to patients such as fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals, etc.
1. Provides overall supervision of the dental departmentincluding hiring, coaching, counseling, administering discipline and termination of subordinate staff as needed.
2. Provides preventative and restorative treatment to all inmates.
3. Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as indicated.
4. Performs all general dentistry services including, but not limited to restorative, surgical, periodontal, endodontic and prosthodontic services as described by West Vriginia Health Service Bulletins.
5. Supervise staff in: cleaning of teeth, making impressions for prosthetic devices, planning and maintaining an oral hygiene program, completing appropriate records accurately and all procedures associated with the provision of dental care.
6. Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed on-site at facility.
7. Provides supervision of staff in instruction of offenders in preventative practices for maintaining proper oral hygiene.
8. Submit monthly report of Dental Department activities.
9. Participate in staff development programs.
10. Develop and update departmental policies and procedures.
11. Supervise and evaluate all assigned dental staff.
12. Forward all outside referrals of offenders to the Regional Dental Director to assure the necessity for such referrals.
13. Serves as clinical authority on all matters related to the delivery of dental services, and provides direction, guidance, and oversight to the dental staff and programs.
14. Determines the timeframes for non-emergent and elective treatments according to priority and availability.
15. Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and ensure that such treatment will not interfere with the provision of greater priority services.
16. Examines patients and documents findings on standard forms, utilizing applicable dental classification systems (i.e., APHA).
17. Provides or arranges for appropriate preventative restorative dental care as needed within the administrative guidelines to all inmates.
18. Provides or arranges for appropriate care for emergency patients as soon as possible.
19. Ensures continuity of care.
20. Supplies data for clinic reports as requested.
21. Keeps dental licenses up-to-date, and ensure current copy is on file in the Health Care Unit.
22. Must be CPR certified and skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting, and must be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during emergency procedures.
23. Responsible for dental office security to include instrument, medicine and needle counts.
24. Responsible to ensure appropriate and quality orientation for all newly hired dental staff.
25. Notifies the Wexford Health Staffing Department of vacant or upcoming vacant positions in a timely manner and actively assists the Staffing Department in the filling of vacant positions.
26. Is familiar with overtime and commodities budgets and works to remain within budget.
27. Notifies Regional Manager of staffing vacancies.
28. Obtains approval of Wexford Health and WVDOC administration prior to exceeding staffing hours.
29. Strives to ensure 100% compliance of staffing hours.
30. Complies with and enforces Wexford Health/Facility Policy and procedures and ensures subordinate compliance.
31. Member of the Quality Assurance Committee.
32. Receives direction from WVDOC personnel as appropriate, including but not limited to Wardens, Assistant Wardens and HealthServices Administrators.
33. Maintains the confidentiality of inmaterecords.
34. Approaches change in a positive manner.
35. Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director, Health Services Administrator and Regional Manager.
36. Conforms to Wexford Health Sources and facility regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress Code
- Schedule/time sheet/time clock
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for PTO and education seminars
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard dental setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
- Current West Virginia Dental license
- Current DEA license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) degree
- Minimum one (1) year practicing dentistry
- Skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting; must be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during procedures.
- Correctional Experience Preferred.
- Supervisory Experience preferred.
julian, west virginia
Julian, West virginia
west virginia julian,
West virginia Julian
julian west virginia
julian west virginia
julian, west virginia
Share This Job