Dentist – with the support of one Hygienist and two assistants
Weekday hours; no weekends, no holidays
Big Muddy Correctional Center, Ina, IL
Full time (Employee of Independent Contractor – Your Choice)
- Guaranteed hourly rate including medical malpractice insurance
- Comprehensive benefits package including 28 paid days off
- Regular weekday hours; spend more time doing what you never had the time to do
Hiring a full time Dentist to join a multidisciplinary team of providers in the medical unit at Big Muddy River Correctional Center
- Clinic support staff: full time Dental Assistant and Hygienist
- Rewarding opportunity to practice your expertise in ways your never imagined
- Make a significant difference in patients’ lives in ways they may have never imagined
- Educate patients in oral health
Illinois’s medical and mental health services partner for 30 years.
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies, has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Under the supervision of the Medical Director, the dentist supervises the dental staff and manages the dental activity as well as for provides oral health care to patients such as fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals, etc.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES incudes but not limited to:
- Provides overall supervision of the dental department.
- Provides preventative and restorative treatment to all patients.
- Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as indicated.
- Performs operative dentistry including appropriate repair of caries.
- Repairs/fits proper prosthetic devices.
- Supervise staff in: cleaning of teeth, making impressions for prosthetic devices, planning and maintaining an oral hygiene program, completing appropriate records accurately and all procedures associated with the provision of dental care.
- Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed on-site at facility.
- Submit monthly report of Dental Department activities.
- Supervise and evaluate all assigned dental staff.
- Forward all outside referrals of offenders to the Medical Director to assure the necessity for such referrals.
- Serves as clinical authority on all matters related to the delivery of dental services, and provides direction, guidance, and oversight to the dental staff and programs.
- Determines the timeframes for non-emergent and elective treatments according to priority and availability.
- Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and ensure that such treatment will not interfere with the provision of greater priority services.
- Examines patients and documents findings on standard forms, utilizing applicable dental classification systems (i.e., APHA).
- Provides or arranges for appropriate preventative restorative dental care as needed within the administrative guidelines to all inmates.
- Provides or arranges for appropriate care for emergency patients as soon as possible.
- Ensures continuity of care.
- Supplies data for clinic reports as requested.
- Keeps dental licenses up-to-date, and ensure current copy is on file in the Health Care Unit.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director, Health Care Unit Administrator and Regional Manager.
LICENSING: Current Illinois State Dental license
- Current DEA certificate
- Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) degree
- Minimum one (1) year practicing dentistry.
- Skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting; must be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during procedures.
- Correctional Experience Preferred.
- Supervisory Experience preferred.
Share This Job