POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
SCHEDULE: 7a-3p Alt M/W EOW
LOCATION: Pinckneyville Illinois
Make the change to corrections now and enjoy more autonomy in your profession!
Now starting at $30.00/hr.! Plus outstanding union benefits.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health is proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with partial match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing, Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or IDOC personnel as appropriate, the LPN is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation; Under the guidance of Registered Nurses, directs and guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and demonstrated competencies.
The Licensed Practical Nurse shall provide a range of services to the center including assessment, medication delivery, non-professional nursing care duties and assisting Registered Nurses and medical personnel. Under the supervision of a Physician or Registered Nurse, performs non-professional nursing care duties in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary in the housing units.
- Assists in planning individual treatment programs by utilizing available resources in planning care and consults with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Assists in implementing individual treatment programs in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing unit.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications and intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
- Documents nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness, complications, etc., and communicates information to supervisory personnel and physicians, in accordance with physician orders. Observes, records and reports symptoms, reactions, and changes in the condition of all patients.
- Uses available in-house resource personnel and departments for treatment/consultation. Carries out designated nursing procedures.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Applies and changes dressings.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Assists with activities of daily living with special attention to therapeutic significance.
- Assists in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in good order.
- Serves as a member of a nursing care and treatment team.
- Assists with orientation of new employees
- Assists physician as assigned.
- Supervises inmates in the maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of the environment.
- Administers medications and injections
- Assesses personal and learning development needs.
- Plans and implements program to meet identified needs through in-service attendance and other format and informal means.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and performs nursing policies and procedures.
- Supports philosophy, objectives and goals of nursing department.
- Performs within the normal limits of the State Nursing Practice Act, Code of Ethics for Nurses, policies and procedures and facility policy/procedures and standards.
- Maintains the confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director.
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc., and facility regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress code
- Schedule/time sheet/time clock
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as an LPN in the state of Illinois
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience
Share This Job