To Apply for this Job Click Here
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Medical Director to join our team of healthcare professionals at Vandalia in Vandalia IL.
We’re proud to offer our providers an extremely competitive benefits package including:
- Company-paid medical malpractice insurance
- Generous company-paid CME allowance with paid time off to attend
- No completing insurance forms and waiting for reimbursement
- No hassles or overhead costs associated with private practice
- Steady income with no need to look for new patients
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Site Medical Director leads and oversees Wexford medical practice at their site(s) in order to ensure and promote high-quality medical care. They are ultimately responsible for all health care provided by Wexford Health Sources and delivered at their site(s). They are responsible for providing leadership in administrative matters, clinical program development, quality management, utilization management and staff education at their site(s) in a manner consistent with the corporate objectives and philosophy of Wexford Health Sources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Spends the majority of their time with direct patient contact and clinical care.
- Works closely with and maintains good relationships with the Regional Medical Director, the Director of Operations, the Regional Administrator, the site Health Care Unit Administrator and the state and county medical authority.
- Actively engaged in helping to identify and facilitate the solving of all operational and clinical issues for their site(s).
- Actively leads the evaluation and monitoring of chronic illness programs at their site(s).
- Actively participates in Facility Quality committees as requested.
- Actively leads all Utilization Management (UM) efforts at their site(s).
- Ensures that orientation and training of all medical and clinical staff is accomplished at their site(s).
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
Licensing: Must have a current state MD license
Certification: Current CPR certification
- Must be a graduate of an accredited medical school.
- Must be Board Eligible or Certified in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience preferred
- Experience or training in administrative aspect of health care
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job