POSITION: Certified Medical Assistant
SCHEDULE: Full-Time / 40 hours per week
FACILITY: Central Regional Jail
LOCATION: Sutton, WV
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
- Perform physical assessments and examinations, including obtaining medical history and vital signs during medical encounters, and document findings in the medical record according to physician orders and EMT protocols.
- Provide screening and triage, according to written protocols, for routine sick call and emergencies with referral to professional staff for situations beyond the scope of their protocols.
- Administer or prescribe over-the-counter medications upon receipt of in-service training and special certification by the Medical Director or physician designee and the institutional pharmacist.
- Initiate intravenous infusing during a medical emergency.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Assist with admission and discharge of infirmary care patients and prepare patients for minor surgery.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Current EMT or Paramedic certification
- Current CPR certification
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years providing health support services
Share This Job