POSITION TITLE: Forensic Evaluator (Psychologist)
DEPARTMENT: Behavioral Health
SCHEDULE: Full Time 40 hours/week
LOCATION: New Hampshire Office of the Forensic Examiner – Concord, NH
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Psy.D, or Ed.D.) in psychology from an accredited psychology program
- Current New Hampshire license as Psychologist (can assist with obtaining licensure if out of state)
- Experience or training in forensic evaluation
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Forensic Evaluator Psychologist provides evaluations within the statutory timeframe while providing quality competency evaluations for the State’s need for expert forensic psychiatric/psychological evaluations during the judiciary process to determine if clients are competent to stand trial, insanity, Gibbs, and dangerousness.
- Provides forensic psychiatric/psychological evaluations that are requested by the New Hampshire Court System.
- Testifies, as required, regarding content of the evaluations, to act as a liaison to the Courts, Attorneys, and County Facilities and provides training/consultation in this activity as agreed upon by the Contractor and the NH Department of Corrections and outlined in NH Statutes.
- Tracks cases and management of data to ensure statutory compliance with evaluation completion standards as well as establishing baseline data, trending, and workflow within the Office of Forensic Examiners.
- Works in conjunction with the Department to establish standards of practice and policy development for the Division of Medical & Forensic Services.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Current license as Psychologist
Current CPR certification
Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Psy.D, or Ed.D.) in psychology from an accredited psychology program
Two years of experience conducting Forensic Evaluation providing a full range of psychological testing and treatment.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Flexible, dependable, and reliable
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates knowledge of medical policies and procedures
• Ability to competently manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Support philosophy, objectives and goals of the medical department
• Assume individual accountability for own conduct and maintenance of professional appearance
• Must be able assist staff with various policies, administrative and organizational projects. “Team-player” as this position requires daily coordination with other coworkers.
Share This Job