To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Mental Health Clinician
SCHEDULE: Full-Time, Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PM
FACILITY: NH State Prison
LOCATION: Concord, New Hampshire
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Mental Health Clinician provides individual and group counseling services to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal and social development as well as institutional adjustment by performing the duties listed below. This is an advanced psychological services position.
1. Interviews inmates to obtain information concerning medical history, mental health history, or other pertinent information.
2. Observes inmates to detect indications of abnormal behavior.
3. Reviews results of tests, treatment plans and treatment cases with the Psychiatrist/Psychologist to evaluate client needs and implement treatment.
4. Consults with and offers feedback to New Hampshire Department of Corrections staff in classification, records, administration, and security in conveying inmate information related to level of functioning and program eligibility.
5. Responds to legitimate requests with the approval of the inmate for information, such as from Vocational Rehabilitation Services, Half-way Houses, and Social Security Administration as well as transfer requests, progress reviews, and inquiries by institutional staff, while following appropriate guidelines regarding case management and ensuring the proper assignment of inmates to programs.
6. May administer/interpret standardized tests within their scope of practice, such as the MMPI-2, WAIS-III, WRAT-4, and BETA, by following the standardized test manuals to accurately assess the inmate’s level of mental and intellectual functioning, the probability of future acting-out and other deviant/maladaptive behavior by providing data for evaluations and accurate information relevant to other types of inmate placement, intervention, and treatment, such as Consult to the Disciplinary Process, Treatment Plans, and institutional assignment.
7. Plans and administers therapeutic treatment such as counseling, behavior modification and psychosocial education to assist inmates in managing their mental disorders and other interpersonal or environmental problems.
8. Discusses progress toward treatment goals with inmates and ensures that the treatment plan is completed in a timely manner, adhered to as the barometer for treatment and is reflected in the progress notes.
9. Consults with Staff Psychologist and Staff Psychiatrist concerning treatment plan and amends plan as described.
10. Conducts peer reviews and participates in program audits and continuous quality improvement activities as directed. May be required to provide clinical supervision as appropriate.
11. Refers inmates to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling, such as religious services, classification and substance abuse services.
12. Prepares inmates for release via treatment, schedules follow-up appointments for the inmate with their local county mental health center, ensures that appropriate staff counsels inmate on medication issues as relevant, assist the inmate when needed to obtain shelter and/or social services.
Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: May be required to travel to any NH DOC facility.
LICENSING: Currently licensed in New Hampshire as a Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, or Marriage and Family Therapist required. Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor preferred.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification required.
- Two years experience in a mental health/correctional setting preferred.
- Ability to assess treatment goals and write goal-directed, individualized treatment plans; have ability to monitor and document individual behavior patterns and modify treatment plans; and be familiar with diagnostic nomenclature outlined in the most recent Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage and Family Therapy from an accredited school required.
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job