To Apply for this Job Click Here
HOURS: 10 hours/week – your choice
LOCATION: Danville Correctional Center, Danville, IL
COMPENSATION: Employee or Independent Contractor Status
- Join a Dental team of four; two Dentists, a Dental Assistant, and Dental Hygienist
- Hours are available Tues, Wed, Thurs
- Rewarding opportunity to practice in ways you’ve never imagined
- Make a significant improvement in a patient’s quality of life
- Educate patients in oral health
- Flexibility – real work/life balance
- No overhead, medical malpractice is paid
- Guaranteed extra income
Illinois’s medical and mental health services partner for 30 years.
For three decades, Wexford Health Sources, Inc has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Under the supervision of the Medical Director, the dentists are responsible and accountable for supervising the dental staff and managing the dental activity as well as for providing oral health care to patients such as fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals, etc.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES incudes but not limited to:
- Provides preventative and restorative treatment to all patients.
- Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as indicated.
- Performs operative dentistry including appropriate repair of caries.
- Repairs/fits proper prosthetic devices.
- Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed on-site at facility.
- Submit monthly report of Dental Department activities.
- Supervise and evaluate all assigned dental staff.
- Forward all outside referrals of patients to the Medical Director to assure the necessity for such referrals.
- Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and ensure that such treatment will not interfere with the provision of greater priority services.
- Examines patients and documents findings on standard forms, utilizing applicable dental classification systems (i.e., APHA).
- Provides or arranges for appropriate preventative restorative dental care as needed within the administrative guidelines to all patients.
- Provides or arranges for appropriate care for emergency patients as soon as possible.
- Ensures continuity of care.
- Supplies data for clinic reports as requested.
- Keeps dental licenses up-to-date, and ensure current copy is on file in the Health Care Unit.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director, Health Care Unit Administrator and Regional Manager.
LICENSING: Current Illinois State Dental license
- Current DEA certificate
- Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) degree
- Minimum one (1) year practicing dentistry.
- Skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting; must be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during procedures.
- Correctional Experience Preferred.
- Supervisory Experience preferred.
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job