To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Staff Assistant
SCHEDULE: 8a-4p, Monday-Friday (Off Saturday and Sunday)
FACILITY: Pontiac Correctional Center
LOCATION: Pontiac, Illinois
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual increase
- 40 Paid Days off Per Year
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The duties/responsibilities listed below may vary by assignment to include any or all of the following:
- Performs clerical/technical duties.
- Prepares and types reports/correspondence for manager(s).
- Answers telephone, relays messages and transfers calls as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains filing system for all material.
- Schedules appointments for manager(s).
- Schedules offender appointments as requested.
- Prepares offender call/movement passes as requested.
- Collects, sorts and distributes daily mail.
- Orders and/or monitors office and/or medical supplies levels.
- Takes minutes of meetings and other dictation as requested.
- Maintains offender correspondence file.
- Secures information for responses to inquiries.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all correspondence and files.
- Coordinates or provides clerical assistance for Telehealth (videoconferencing) clinics as requested.
- Assists with organizing and/or sorting staff timekeeping and payroll if requested.
- Creates documents and/or utilizes Word and/or Excel to track different aspects of medical care as requested.
- Manipulates information within Excel to provide medical statistics or reporting.
- Uses the appropriate computer program to track patient care consistent with IDOC Administrative and Institutional Directives or other established criteria as directed.
- Refers all clinical decision making to clinical staff or immediate supervisor and at no time acts to provide clinical opinion, clinical decisions or clinical direction to patients.
- Assists with IDOC/Wexford Health reconciliation process as requested.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
MINIMAL: Successfully passes electronic testing for Word, Excel and Basic clerical duties.
EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent.
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job