POSITION: Registered Nurse
FACILITY: Duffield Facility
LOCATION: Duffield, VA
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Also directs and guides patient teaching activities and ancillary personnel, while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Assesses physical, psychological and psychosocial dimensions of patients within the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries and diseases using available resources in obtaining a health history, and in the assessment process.
- Provides a written assessment of patient on admission, during confinement and on discharge as requested.
- Summarizes assessment data, and makes a triage decision which is documented and communicated to other patient care providers.
- Plans an individual treatment program. Utilizes available treatment protocols as written by the Medical Director.
- Utilizes referral process to appropriate health care providers as necessary.
- Consults as necessary with other nurses, physician assistants, physicians, correctional officers, etc.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications in accordance with physician’s orders. Intervenes by administering medications according to proper techniques and procedures,including IV therapy, and all other approved routes of administration.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Currently licenses as a registered nurse within the state
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Preferred a minimum of one year clinical experience. Corrections experience desirable.
Share This Job