A Licensed Practical nurse licensed in the state of assignment responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the supervision of Registered Nurses, directs and guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and demonstrated competencies.
Under the supervision of Registered Nurse, assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary in the Housing Units.
- Assists in planning and individual treatment programs by utilizing available resources in planning care and consults with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Assists in implementing individual treatment programs in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing unit.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications and intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
- Documents nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness, complications, etc., and communicates information to supervisory personnel and physicians, in accordance with physicians orders.
- Uses available in-house resource personnel and departments for treatment/consultation.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patient.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Applies and changes dressings.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Assists with activities of daily living with special attention to therapeutic significance.
- Assists in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in good order.
- Serves as a member of a nursing care and treatment team.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Assists physician as assigned.
- Supervises inmates in the maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of the environment.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
LICENSING: Current state LPN license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited nursing school
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of clinical experience
Share This Job