To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Medical Records Director
SCHEDULE: Full-Time / 8a-4p Weekends Off
FACILITY: Joliet Treatment Center
LOCATION: Joliet, IL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual Increase
- 40 Paid Days Off per year
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Director or Designated Wexford Manager, responsible for directing health records staff and for managing the health records department in compliance with all applicable standards, policies and procedures. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Oversee the daily operations of the health records department.
- Ensure that a health record is maintained on each inmate in a confidential and secure manner.
- Ensure that all Facility and Wexford contractual agreements are met in regards to medical records.
- Pre-audit and prepare medical records for monthly and/or quarterly reviews.
- Address all court/legal-related correspondence as it related to health records in a timely manner in accords with policies and procedures.
- Present self to court as the medical records custodian when necessary.
- Participate in the Quality Improvement program by attending meetings and reporting on data assigned for collection or in a capacity as requested.
- Collect and submit information for monthly statistical reports.
- Assign staff members to routinely review health records for signature/name stamp, dates, and time deficiencies and reports non-compliance of health care providers to the Medical Director, Director of Nursing and/or the Regional Administrator as appropriate.
- Ensure that all forms contained in the health records are approved.
- Direct day-to-day activities of personnel engaged in analyzing, compiling, indexing and filing medical records of patients.
- Assist medical staff in research, prepares periodic and statistical reports; and provides information to qualified personnel as assigned.
- Quarterly review Department of Correction guidelines and monitors for compliance.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Accredited Record Technician in Medical Records Science
- Must have passed the American Records Association examination
- Two (2) years experience preferred
- NCCHC and ACA exp preferred
- Management of Ambulatory Care preferred
- Registered Record Administrator preferred
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job