To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse w/ Sign on Bonus
SCHEDULE: Full-Time 12 Hour Night Shift
FACILITY: Pinal Detention Center
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the clinical guidance of Registered Nurses, directs and guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and demonstrated competencies. Utilizes established medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Under the clinical supervision of a Registered Nurse, assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the health care unit and, as necessary in the housing units.
- Assists in planning and implementing individual treatment programs, in the health care unit and housing unit, by utilizing available resources and consulting with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications and intervention in accordance with provider instructions.
- Documents nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness, complications etc., and communicate information to supervisory personnel and physicians, in accordance with provider’s orders.
- Assists in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in good order.
- Serves as a member of a nursing care and treatment team, and assist physician as assigned.
- Uses available in-house resource personnel and departments for treatment/consultation.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Applies and changes dressings.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: Current, unrestricted AZ State Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) License
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience; correctional experience preferred
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job