POSITION: Site Medical Director
FACILITY: Sheridan CC
LOCATION: Sheridan, IL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Provides leadership in administrative matters, clinical program development, quality management, utilization management and staff education.
- Provides direct patient care to ensure timeliness and implementation of appropriate medical care; ultimately responsible for all health care delivered at the site.
- Actively engages in helping to identify and facilitate the solving of all operational and clinical issues for their site(s).
- Leads all Utilization Management (UM) efforts at the site, including the establishment and successful attainment of UM annual and monthly goals or the identification of valid reasons and clinical factors why successful attainment of UM goals are no longer possible.
- Ensures that an on-call coverage schedule is maintained and operated effectively for 24/7/365 physician coverage and consultation; participation in the on-call schedule in an equitable manner.
- Responsible for resolving problems related to patient safety issues and any patient complaints/grievances as they arise.
- Ensures site compliance with all policies/procedures and updates them as necessary to meet local, legal, and accreditation regulatory agency requirements.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Must have a current Physician license in the state of Illinois
- Current Illinois Controlled Substance license
- Current DEA license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification—Accepted:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
EDUCATION: Must be a graduate of an accredited medical school
- Five (5) years of clinical experience preferred
- Experience or training in administrative aspects of health care preferred
Share This Job