To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Certified Nurses Assistant
SCHEDULE: Full-Time / 11p to 7a / Every 3rd weekend Rotation
FACILITY: Taylorville Correctional Center
LOCATION: Taylorville, IL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual Increase
- 40 Paid Days Off per year
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing, Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or IDOC personnel as appropriate, the CNA will assist nursing staff with daily operations.
The Certified Nursing Assistant will assist nursing staff in direct patient care activities as assigned.
- Assists inmates with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, bed making, shaving, dressing and other related tasks.
- Assists in checking vital signs, height and weight as assigned; collects and maintains records of fluid intake and output; reports on the condition of inmates.
- Follows established inflection control practices and emergency protocols.
- Assists inmates in wheel chairs, on stretchers and ambulating.
- Promotes and encourages patient hydration and elimination.
- Assists inmates with ambulation, turning and repositioning, and range of motion activities.
- Cleanse bedside units, workrooms and equipment; assists nursing staff with washing and sterilizing equipment.
- Prepares and maintains written reports and records as assigned.
- Assists with medications ordinarily self-administered when specifically ordered by a physician.
- Responds to call lights promptly and courteously.
- Receives formal and on the job training in the theory and techniques of direct care support.
- Receives close supervision; work is reviewed through inspections and observations.
- Maintains confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director.
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc., and facility regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress Code
- Schedule/time sheet
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Nursing Assistant certificate
- Current CPR Certification—
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
EDUCATION: Completion of a certification program from an accredited Nursing Assistant program
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 0-2 years. Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job