SCHEDULE: Full-Time, 11p-7a, off Friday and Saturday
FACILITY: Illinois River Correctional Center
LOCATION: Canton, IL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual increase
- 40 Paid Days off Per Year
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of a designated Wexford Health manager or IDOC Personnel as appropriate, including but not limited to the Warden, Assistant Warden, HCUA, Laboratory Technician provides phlebotomy services on inmates within the facility as ordered by a physician. Interacts with a variety of health care professional and security staff in a correctional environment.
- Greets inmates appropriately as he/she enters the drawing area to ensure that he/she feels comfortable.
- Perform blood draws as ordered by the Physician
- Collect as necessary, prepare and protect specimens and deals with complications that may arise.
- Make necessary arrangements, securing and sending specimens to outside laboratory services, as required.
- Maintain proper records of test, complete required reports
- Uses good organizational skills to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Handles a multitude of personalities.
- Checks paperwork for completeness and accuracy of information.
- Keeps lab logs, reference materials and other important data up to date.
- Properly prepares and packages all specimens for courier transport in a timely manner and ensures all lab work is complete and error free.
- Answers telephone calls in a clear and concise manner to present a professional image.
- Completes and submits monthly statistical data.
- Follows institutional rules and regulations, as well as Wexford Health’s rules and regulations.
- Follows all safety precautions and requirements as outlined by Wexford Health and the institution to ensure the best possible work conditions for all.
- Travels to other areas of the facility to perform phlebotomy.
- Wears appropriate attire to present a professional appearance as necessary.
- Maintain clean and orderly working environment and follow all related infection control policies
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions when scheduled to ensure being up-to-date on company policies and procedures.
- Orders all laboratory supplies and keep an inventory on a monthly basis.
- Maintains the confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approaches change in a positive manner. Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director and Health Care Unit Administrator.
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience maybe accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimum travel required.
EXPERIENCE: Specialized phlebotomy training
EDUCATION: High school diploma or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Share This Job