To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Medication Room Assistant
FACILITY: Pinckneyville CC
LOCATION: Pinckneyville, IL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual Increase
- 40 Paid Days Off per year
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing, Medical Director and/or IDOC personnel as appropriate, the Medication Room Assistant (MRA) is responsible for organizing the medication storage and distribution areas and assists in the procurement of ordered medications from an off-site pharmacy as well as assisting in the return of unused medications.
- Assists with the organization and maintenance of medication room records.
- Assists with the maintenance of medication room inventory and audit procedures.
- Maintains the security of all medications and supplies under their control or supervision.
- Processes supply requests in a prompt, cooperative and efficient manner.
- Confirms ordered medications are received.
- Logs outgoing medications.
- Assists with the delivery of medications as determined by site administration.
- Fax/scan patient prescriptions to the offsite pharmacy in a timely manner per Unit policy/process.
- Communicates with offsite Pharmacy staff as needed to confirm prescriptions/orders are received by them and legible to ensure timely delivery of all ordered medications.
- Refers medication orders/prescriptions needing clarification to a nurse, physician or P.A.
- Performs medication expiration checks of all medications in the Unit as per policy/procedure.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification—Accepted:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 1 year correctional health care or hospital pharmacy experience preferred. History of being well organized, communicating effectively and detail oriented
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job