To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Regional Medical Director
LOCATION: Statewide New Mexico
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Statewide Medical Director leads and oversees Wexford Health’s medical practice on a state-wide basis in order to ensure and promote quality medical care. He/she is ultimately responsible for all health care provided by Wexford Health Sources and delivered to the New Mexico facilities. Serves as the liaison between Wexford Health and the New Mexico Department of Corrections (NMCD) medical authority and maintains good relationships with facility, regional and corporate staff.
1. Responsible for the development, communication, implementation, monitoring and revision of all clinical programs, the quality management program, and the utilization management processes and systems across the state.
2. Ensures all health care activities are conducted in accordance with Wexford Health and NMCD standards of medical care delineated by state regulation, NCCHC, and ACA guidelines as appropriate/necessary.
3. Responsible for providing leadership in administrative matters, clinical program development, quality management, utilization management, staff education, and leadership development in the state of West Virginia in a manner consistent with the corporate objectives and philosophy of Wexford Health Sources.
4. Actively engaged in helping to identify and facilitate the solving of all clinical issues throughout the state as necessary.
5. Leads planning and budget activities for the state including budgeting, monitoring and reporting related to utilization management, offsite medical care, chronic care clinics and pharmacy utilization. Participates in developing, administering, and monitoring operating and capital budgets in conjunction with the Statewide Director of Operations.
6. Solicits medical staff input on new chronic care programs, medical equipment requests, and selection of general medical supplies.
7. Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of performance management plans, especially related to medical quality and patient/inmate safety.
8. Performs peer reviews of other Wexford providers as directed by the Corporate Medical Director, Clinical Services.
9. Participates in the recruitment of medical staff, including actively engaging in identifying qualified applicants for Site Medical Director, Physician, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, etc. positions)
10. Actively participates in Wexford Health regional and site management meetings/ committees.
11. Keeps the Corporate Medical Director, Clinical Services informed of issues in a timely manner, including the submission of requested reports.
12. Makes presentations to the professional community in order to enhance the visibility and image of the organization when requested/approved by the Corporate Medical Director, Clinical Services.
13. Ultimately responsible for ensuring that an on-call coverage schedule is maintained and operating effectively for the sites which ensures 24/7/365 physician coverage and consultation for the clinical and security staff. This includes the Site Medical Director’s participation in that call schedule in an equitable manner.
14. Ensures that the sites maintain an effective infection control program that includes the prevention, identification, reporting, and control of communicable diseases in accordance with Wexford Health infection control policies and procedures.
15. Assists as directed by the Corporate Medical Director, Clinical Services; National Medical Directors; and/or the Corporate Quality Management Committee in medical staff disciplinary matters.
16. Assists with legal proceedings as needed.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Current New Mexico Medical license required
Current New Mexico Controlled Substance license required
Current DEA required
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification required. CCHP certification preferred
EDUCATION: Medical Degree required
5 years experience in an institutional healthcare setting preferred. Correctional healthcare experience preferred.
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job