To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Medical Director
SCHEDULE: Full-Time 40 Hours Per Week
FACILITY: Western NM CF North
LOCATION: Grants, NM
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The Medical Director is responsible for providing the overall supervision of the delivery of medical services at the correctional facility. The Medical Director attends to patients and carries out the duties a Primary Care Physician would be expected to perform in an office setting. He/she provides medical consultations for the medical staff and institutional officials, and functions as the liaison for clinical matters with medical providers outside the institution. The Medical Director ensures that all activities of the health care unit are conducted in accordance with standards of medical care delineated by state regulations, NCCHC, AMA and ACA standards, as appropriate.
- Evaluates all existing medical programs and assess the health care needs of the inmate population, making recommendations regarding medical programs or services as appropriate.
- Assists in designing and implementing policies, procedures and protocol for health care unit and medical staff.
- Reports any problems and/or unusual incidents to the HSA or designee.
- Attends staff meetings and participate on various committees as requested by the HSA or designee.
- Conducts inmate sick call on days and at times authorized by the correctional facility Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned
- Examines, diagnoses and treats inmates referred to the Medical Director.
- Reviews and/or monitors all laboratory, x-ray and ancillary reports, and ensure that the review is documented on inmates’ charts.
- Assures examination and initial emergency medical treatment to all persons who are injured or become ill while on the premises.
- Provides 24-hour on call emergency care to the correctional facility.
- Provides minor surgical treatment at the institution as deemed medically appropriate to include suturing for minor lacerations.
- Formulates written individual treatment plans for inmates with medical problems, which include directions to health care and other personnel regarding their roles in the care and supervision of these patients.
- Conducts infirmary rounds, or ensures that another physician conducts rounds.
- Conducts intake and annual examinations on inmates as provided for by appropriate procedures or as dictated by sound medical practice.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: Current New Mexico Medical license; Current New Mexico Controlled Substance license; Current DEA
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification required; CCHP certification preferred
EDUCATION: Medical Degree required. Primary care/internal medical preferred
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years experience in an institutional healthcare setting preferred; correctional healthcare experience preferred.
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job