To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Health Services Administrator
FACILITY: Western South CF
LOCATION: Grants, NM
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The Health Services Administrator is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the institution’s overall health care delivery system and monitoring all health service contract activities; consulting with the Regional Manager or designee regarding routine institutional issues of an administrative nature, and discussing issues of a complex or unusual clinical nature involving patient management with the Site Medical Director.
- Coordinates and monitors preparation of the institutional health services budget with the Regional Manager and Statewide Director of Operations.
- Supervises requisition of supplies and equipment to ensure appropriate usage and availability; and maintain property and equipment control records as required.
- Assists in developing and maintaining staff schedule in accordance with contract terms of staff coverage. Responsible for making changes in time schedules, and granting special requests for time off, if applicable.
- Approves monthly statistical reports and ensure timely submission; complete all necessary reports on a timely basis.
- Ensures the confidential maintenance and safekeeping of all medical records and information to comply with HIPAA regulations.
- Monitors overall performance utilizing national standards and contract deliverables.
- Performs administrative employee relations functions to include: supervision of performance, recruitment and selection, developing job descriptions, performance management, implementing corrective action and individual development plans, scheduling and approving PTO, etc.
- Supervises scheduling of patients for outside appointments. Reviews initial hospital specialty referrals with the Medical Director to ensure appropriateness and oversee interactions with medical specialists.
- Resolution of audit findings by the development, implementation and monitoring of corrective action plans.
- Evaluates and respond to Corporate Risk Management Department inquiries, complaints or grievances by patients, family members, lawyers or other advocates.
- Works jointly with Clinical and Education staff to ensure that appropriate training in CPR and First Aid is completed per regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Collaborates with co-workers and coordinate internal projects, as directed
- Participates in a company and state approved CQI Program
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: Current New Mexico Registered Nursing License
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Associates degree in a healthcare-related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory/leadership role or training in administrative aspects of health care preferred;
- 2 years of administrative and/or correctional nursing experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
- Correctional health care experience preferred.
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job