To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Associate Qualified Mental Health Professional Trainee
SCHEDULE: 12pm-8pm Tuesday – Saturday, Sunday’s and Monday’s off
FACILITY: Dixon Correctional Center
LOCATION: Dixon, Illinois
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual increase
- 40 Paid Days off Per Year
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Paid Annual CEUs
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from a Psychologist or clinically licensed QMHP, provides services to patients receiving mental health services. Duties include assessment, consultation, liaison, and psychotherapeutic interventions as appropriate. Communicates clinical findings in writing, as well as through consultation with Mental Health Unit staff. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities. Seeks supervision and consultation when appropriate. Ensures that documentation for all clinical encounters are reviewed and counter-signed by clinical supervisor.
1. Shadow QMHPs completing all clinical tasks including Mental Health (MH) screening, evaluations, group, individual follow-ups, crisis watches and segregation rounds.
2. Complete reverse-shadowing while engaging in clinical tasks including MH screening, evaluations, group, individual follow ups, crisis watches and segregation rounds.
3. Independently conduct MH screening, evaluations, group therapy, individual therapy, and crisis watches to be reviewed and counter-signed by clinical supervisor.
4. Seek supervision/consultation on mental health issues from clinical supervisor(s) when appropriate.
5. Complete didactic training offered by supervisor(s).
6. Monitor the provision of crisis services to include review of documentation for accuracy, completeness and fulfillment of facility directives and procedures.
7. Monitor the condition and treatment needs of special offender populations (e.g., Guilty but Mentally III or offenders receiving anti-psychotic medication) as determined necessary by facility or agency directive or local policy.
8. Maintain required documentation on all mental health contacts and review all clinical documents with supervisor for feedback and counter-signature.
9. Under the direction and oversight of clinical supervisor, provide mental health services for those offenders who need to be transferred to Mental Health facilities. Services to include work up and any court hearing testimony needed.
10. Provide services in compliance with all Administrative Directives, Departmental Rules and Wexford Health policies and procedures.
11. Participate in all relevant staff training in areas related to mental health issues such as signs and symptoms of mental illness, management of mentally ill offenders, crisis intervention and related topics.
12. Under the direction and oversight of clinical supervisor, provide re-entry psycho-educational services to mentally ill offenders returning to the community upon discharge.
13. Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings and Behavioral Health Grand Rounds as directed.
14. Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other duties as required or assigned.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: None required. However, LSW, LPC, LCSW, or LCPC must be acquired within 960 hours worked of employment. Candidates must also be able to demonstrate eligibility for licensure pending completion of respective licensure exam. This can be demonstrated through completion of a Master’s or Doctoral program that meets IDFPR board approval such as:
• A Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) accredited Master’s program
• A Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited Master’s program
• A Council for the National Registry of Health Service Providers accredited Master’s program, or
• An APA accredited doctoral program.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification—Accepted:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling Psychology, or Social Work
• Correctional experience
• Prior clinical experience
• Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job