POSITION: Qualified Mental Health Professional
SCHEDULE: Full-Time: 8a-4p, Sunday-Thursday (Fri/Sat off)
FACILITY: Logan Correctional Center
LOCATION: Lincoln, Illinois
$34.00 hourly rate for LSWs/LPCs/ALMFTs
$36.00 hourly rate for LCSWs/LCPCs/LMFTs
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual increase
- 40 Paid Days off Per Year
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Paid Annual CEUs
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Chief Psychiatrist, provides social work services to patients receiving mental health services. Duties include assessment, consultation, liaison, and psychotherapeutic interventions as appropriate. Communicates clinical findings in writing, as well as through consultation with Mental Health Unit staff. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Provide clinical screenings and assessments for treatment needs of offenders referred by medical, counseling, security, or other center staff.
- In the absence of a Clinical Psychologist, provide clinical supervision of the center Crisis Team. This includes provision of quarterly Crisis Team training and consultation to team members on all crisis interventions. Such consultations may be carried out by phone during off duty hours.
- Provide crisis intervention counseling, brief therapy, and group therapy as indicated for Center residents.
- Provide consultation on mental health issues to the center medical staff.
- Provide staff training to center personnel on mental health issues including the function of the Crisis Team and how to access its services.
- Monitor the provisions of crisis services to include review of documentation for accuracy, completeness, and fulfillment of Center directives and procedures.
- Monitor the clinical condition and treatment needs of special offender populations (e.g., Guilty but Mentally III or offenders receiving antipsychotic medication) as determined necessary by Center or agency directive or local policy.
- Maintain required documentation on all mental health contacts to include submission of a monthly summary report to the agency Chief of Mental Health Services.
- Where applicable, provide psychological services for those offenders who need to be transferred to Mental Health facilities. Services to include work up and any court hearing testimony needed.
- Provide services in compliance with all Administrative Directives Departmental Rules.
- Provide staff training in areas related to mental health issues such as signs and symptoms of mental illness, management of mentally ill offenders, crisis intervention and related topics.
- Provide re-entry psycho-educational services to mentally ill offenders returning to the community upon discharge.
- Participate in Behavioral Health Ground Rounds as directed.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current license or license eligible (passed exam) and actively in process of obtaining licensure of one of the following:
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Associate Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (ALMFT)
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification—Accepted:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited university with a Master’s Degree in a Mental Health area.
- Clinical License Preferred
- Correctional experience
- Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system
Share This Job