To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Regional Director of Nursing – Southern, IL
SCHEDULE: Full-Time / 8a – 4:30p/Weekends off
LOCATION: Southern Illinois
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Competitive Salary AND Great
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
1. Serve as the director of a complex and comprehensive statewide nursing program; oversee the daily statewide operations.
2. Plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate the work of nursing staff consisting of professional and paraprofessional nursing staff.
3. Coordinate the work of nursing service personnel with other facility programs; confers with staff physicians and other treatment personnel to evaluate care and treatment programs.
4. Develop, implement and evaluate nursing policies, procedures and standards of care; evaluate existing policies, procedures and practice and direct changes in nursing practices to meet acceptable standards of nursing care as defined by accreditation and certification agencies.
5. Direct the development, implementation and evaluation of a nursing education, orientation and in-service program for all levels of nursing staff; coordinate a student training program with affiliated schools or universities.
6. May prepare budgetary recommendations and review of requisitions for supplies and equipment requested by nursing staff.
7. Participate as a member of the facility policy and decision-making committee; confers with other facility department directors to resolve facility administrative problems.
8. Provide leadership and direction to Health Services Administrators and Directors of Nursing at assigned correctional health care facilities.
9. Develop and monitor goals and objectives for the state in conjunction with overall Wexford Health goals and objectives; assist in the development and implementation of statewide Wexford Health policies and procedures.
10. Conduct site visits to provide supervision, complete record reviews, and collect data and information to determine program effectiveness and compliance.
11. Provide staff training and development programs as well as technical advice; interpret complex NCCHC policy; provide procedural steps to assigned facility staff to enhance their skills in resolving problems related to these areas.
12. Participate in local, state, and national representative meetings related to the trends and developments in Wexford Health and correctional health care.
13. Help recruit staff; assign, monitor, and evaluate the work of staff; provide for identified staff training needs.
14. Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling right oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
15. Develop and implement strategies what will maximize the synergies among the nursing staff, operations staff, and from site to site.
16. Comply with correctional facility’s policies and procedures.
17. Assist in the preparation, monitoring and auditing of budgets.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Current unrestricted Illinois RN license required
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification required. NCCHC certification preferred
• Associate’s degree required; BA/MA preferred
• Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university
Five (5) years of professional nursing experience including at least three (3) years of professional supervisory or administrative experience, preferred
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job