To Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Dental Assistant
SCHEDULE: Full-Time 32 hours per week (four 8 hour days) *NO WEEKENDS
FACILITY: New Hampshire State Prison for Men
LOCATION: Concord, New Hampshire
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Under direct clinical supervision of the Dentist, a Dental Assistant performs non-professional work assisting the Dentist during examination and treatment of patients and in the routine handling of instruments and supplies.
- Maintains supplies, materials and records of treatment.
- Sets up instruments, equipment and supplies as directed by the Dentist.
- Prepares the patient for treatment.
- Helps patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Ensures proper clean up, packaging and sterilizing of instruments.
- Assist in instruction of patients in proper dental hygiene
- Assists in screenings for dental emergencies and sick call.
- Provides chair-side assistance by keeping operating field clear, passing instruments and suctioning.
- Scrubs and sterilizes instruments.
- Mixes restorative materials.
- Maintains x-ray unit, processor, autoclave and dental unit according to specifications.
- Inventories supplies and equipment to maintain adequate levels.
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed.
Ensures there is sufficient number of trays set up for the day’s patients, pulpotomy, caries control, amalgam and Perio/scaling.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of dental clinic.
- Performs administrative responsibilities including maintaining dental charts; recording dental findings; scheduling patients’ dental appointments; preparing patient’s schedule for escort officer; maintaining all dental logs; and inputting information into the appropriate computer record.
- Cleans developer and autoclave on a weekly basis
- Scrubs all drains; cleans examination lights, dental unit, x-ray unit film processor; changes wet tank chemicals on a monthly basis. Submits a sanitation report to the HSA.
- Responsible for dental office security to include instrument, drug and needle counts. Maintains constant alertness to conditions that might endanger the security of the institution, personnel and inmates.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient records.
- If the incumbent is properly certified, (e.g., Certified Dental Assistant (CDA); Expanded Function Certification; or Dental Radiology Certification), he/she may perform the following duties/ responsibilities:
- Performs coronal polishing, topical fluoride application, or application of pit and fissure sealants under general supervision.
- Takes intra-oral x-rays in accordance with proper radiological hygiene.
- Develops and mounts x-ray films.
- Performs other intra-oral tasks in accordance with credentials.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: None required
- Expanded Functions OR Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) Certification
- Dental Radiology Certification (if not included in above certification)
- Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: High School graduate or GED certificate
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Share This Job