POSITION: Medical Director
SCHEDULE: Full-Time / Part-Time / Per Diem
FACILITY: Facility Name
LOCATION: City, State
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Under administrative and clinical supervision of the Regional Medical Director, the Site Medical Director is responsible for promoting and providing high-quality medical care. Works collegially and cooperatively with the Regional Medical Director, other physicians, physician extenders (e.g., physician assistants, nurse practitioners, etc.), dentists, psychiatrists, psychologists, and any other medical professionals working within the medical facilities at the site. Actively participates in discussions regarding the resolution of problems related to quality of care, patient safety issues and patient complaints/grievances arising at their site. Responsible for maintaining utilization management and clinical practice standards through the application of the organization’s clinical criteria. Participates in the development of medical/clinical policies and case consultation to clinical staff when asked. Maintains the highest level of medical quality and service at the assigned site and represents organization clinical philosophy to patients, providers, facility personnel, and the community. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
• Utilizes Corporate clinical experts to assist in chronic disease management.
• Reviews all patients to be presented at Collegial Review for off-site/specialty care Prepares and presents cases at the Collegial Review.
• Ensures that no backlogs occur for chronic care clinics and sick call by working with site providers and site manager.
• Ensures appropriate infirmary care is delivered. Supervises infirmary rounds.
• Reviews care plans for all patients returning from hospitalizations, ER runs, and off-site specialty care visits.
• Reviews and signs-off on labs daily.
3. Works closely with the site manager to ensure successful, efficient and effective patient care.
4. Responsive to Corporate, State-wide, Regional Medical Directors and Regional and Site Managers.
• Respond to the Agency Medical Director with guidance from the Regional and State-wide Medical Directors.
6. Communicates regularly with dentists, mental health professionals, and optometrists on site to develop a more holistic approach to healthcare for our patients.
7. Responsible for communicating clinical and administrative issues to Site Manager and Regional Medical Director quickly and efficiently.
9. Performs Peer Reviews on Medical Directors/providers from other facilities.
10. Participates in monthly reviews of off-site care, DME utilization, provider prescriptive practice, laboratory, and x-ray services for their site in conjunction with the State-wide Medical Director, Regional Medical Director and Corporate Director of Pharmacy Services or designee.
11. Meets with the Warden/AWP regularly and develop good working relationships with security.
12. Assists Staffing in provider recruiting initiatives.
13. Participates in provider training.
14. Participates in audits.
15. Ensures site clinical coverage. Shares in after-hours and weekend call duties.
16. Other duties as assigned by the State-wide and Regional Medical Directors.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: Current West Virginia Medical license; Current West Virginia Controlled Substance license; Current DEA
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification required; CCHP certification preferred
EDUCATION: Medical Degree required. Board certified or Board eligible preferred.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience preferred
- Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system
Share This Job