POSITION: Certified Medical Assistant
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 40 hours per week, Day Shift
FACILITY: New Hampshire State Prison for Men
LOCATION: Concord, NH
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- 9 Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Medical Assistant is responsible for performing administrative duties and select non-complex medical interventions on the health care unit and housing units.
Medical Assistants work under the direct and indirect clinical guidance of the Staff Physician.
- Obtain and monitor vital signs of infirmary/medical unit patients.
- Implement orders for diagnostic lab tests according to company policies and procedures, as well as medical plan through administering medications and intervention in accordance with provider instructions and scope of practice.
- Assist nurses as needed in the medical unit within the scope of practice.
- Document all health-related encounters for patients.
- Assist physician or nurse with minor procedures and treatments.
- Maintain and clean medical equipment on a daily basis as needed.
- Identify basic signs and symptoms of deviations from normal health status. Provide this information to the nurse and/or physician.
- Work in conjunction with nurses to maintain daily duties required to run the medical unit in an organized fashion
- Completion of a medical assistant program from a vocational, technical, or career school
- CPR certification
Share This Job