POSITION: Staff Physician (MD/DO)
SCHEDULE: Full-Time, Mon-Fri, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
FACILITY: Northern New Hampshire Correctional Facility (onsite)
LOCATION: Berlin, New Hampshire
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
As a correctional Staff Physician, you will practice medicine, promoting and providing quality medical care.
You will work collegially and cooperatively with the Chief Medical Officer, clinical and administrative staff.
You will participate in discussions regarding the resolution of problems related to quality of care, patient safety issues and patient complaints/grievances arising at the site.
You will carry out the duties of a Primary Care Physician & would be expected to perform in an office setting.
- No nights or weekends
- No patient quotas, no overhead costs/costs associated with private practice
- No third party reimbursement/insurance filings
- Annual review with merit based salary increase
- Paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- 9 paid holidays annually
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental insurance & vision insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- $1,500 in CME allowance and 3 paid education days annually
- Company-paid medical liability insurance
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Current New Hampshire Medical license required
- Current New Hampshire Controlled Substance license required
- Current DEA required
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification required.
EXPERIENCE: 2 years experience in an institutional healthcare setting preferred. Correctional healthcare experience preferred.
EDUCATION: Medical Degree required
Share This Job